Paddy Power Betfair operates at an incredible scale and with this comes some amazing technology and incredible people. To support this this we have built an award winning private cloud utilizing both Openstack and Nuage. The Delivery Enablement team is looking for team members to help us move the customers (Development Teams) to the new platform. Customer focused and forward looking; you will join a team who will be working hand in hand with our technical partners to keep Paddy Power Betfair at the forefront of private cloud technology and CI/CD automation.
This is our vision ( http://bit.ly/2rRrexX ). And this is how we have realized it (https://youtu.be/0PlPJG-xuHw & https://youtu.be/9QcsoMBCwDc). This is what has made us a multiple award winning team (Redhat Innovation Award 2016, Hewlett Packard award for Innovation 2016, Openstack SuperUser 2017).
We want you to part of that. If you have what it takes then come and talk to us.
- Proactively and relentlessly seeking opportunities to automate manual processes.
- Keeping Paddy Power Betfair at the forefront of innovation infrastructure-automation arena.
- Driving on-boarding and adoption of our core automation tools and services.
- Research and development of tooling and/or processes to enable development and infrastructure teams.
- Raising the technical profile of Automation within Paddy Power Betfair and of Paddy Power Betfair in the wider technical community.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Development experience in Python.
- Exposure to Ansible
- Exposure to Openstack
- Aptitude for evaluating and embracing new technologies and tooling.
- Understanding of CI, CD, cloud infrastructure, config-as-code.
- In depth technical knowledge of one or more of Linux, Networking, Storage or Databases.
- Background in large scale, highly transactional site delivery and operations.
- Ability to Coach, Develop and Mentor less experienced team members and graduates.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Excellent presentation skills for both internal and external conferences.
- Excellent scripting skills.
- Willingness to occasionally travel (mainly UK, Ireland, Romania, Portugal)