Senior Insights Analyst
Job Location/Office: Dublin or London (with regular travel between locations)
Working in the Retail Commercial team, this role involves providing usable insights and analytics to drive decision making across all areas of Retail including Commercial, Marketing, Product Development, Operations and Finance. You will play a key role in profitability analysis, betting pattern analytics, offer & pricing optimization and in the communication of insights in these areas to senior management.
This role offers the opportunity to apply your commercial acumen and data analytics skills to solve a wide spectrum of short-term and long-term strategic challenges, as part of the delivery of the Paddy Power Retail Analytics roadmap in order to make a real difference to the successful operation of Paddy Power Betfair’s Retail business model. You will use your existing skills, allied to your on-the-job learning and energy, to add to the overall company body of knowledge and, through your work, will develop and educate stakeholders who require a thorough understanding of our business. The role offers great potential for progression into obtaining a niche expertise or into the wider commercial organisation.
This is what you’ll be doing…
- Engage with stakeholders across the wider Retail business to define analytical and performance reporting requirements
- Perform data driven analysis and translate insights to recommendations and actions and effectively communicate these across retail and the wider business
- Inform and guide the strategic agenda of the Retail group, using analytical thinking and skills to drive material changes, including profitability uplift and internal processes improvement
- Management and development of one direct report (Business Analyst) based in our London office
- Responsible for major events and campaign performance reporting
- Automation of key business performance reporting in SSRS and Tableau
- Interface and support the data team in the systems migrations of the retail core database.
- Educate and inspire colleagues in the team with an innovative approach to problem solving and keen technical and data-handling skills. Become a key contributor to the ongoing
debate within the team and across the wider organisation
- Successful track record in a high customer/transactional volume, data-rich, complex online and/or retail business, including excellent understanding of data and analytical technical infrastructure
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills and a proven track record of driving actions based on data driven analysis
- Numerically minded and capable of problem solving, interpreting and communicating potentially complex analysis in a concise way
- Strong knowledge of SQL data manipulation (exposure to AWS Redshift, or similar, and related processes preferable)
- Strong ability in Microsoft Excel is a key requirement, with exposure to VBA for automation.
- Microsoft SSRS Reporting exposure distinct advantage
- Experience using Tableau and Qlikview and/or exposure to statistical programs (R/Python) is desirable
What We’re Looking For…
- Ideally 3-5 years’ experience in a role, where analytical skills were applied in a high-pressure, high-impact, complex & data-rich environment
- Numeric/analytical degree from a quality establishment
- Strong understanding of the financial and operational KPIs upon which business decisions are based and against which success is measured
- Solid commercial experience in a customer-focused analytical, statistical or quantitative role;
- Ability to apply aptitude and analytical rigor to perform structured analysis of data and synthesis into useful formats and bring actionable commercial insights
…What Will I Get In Return?!
- Career Progression – 5 global brands in 3 continents = endless opportunities. We’re a FTSE 100 with a start-up soul, so if you enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, you’ll get on here. There are many directions your career can move in; whether it’s gaining promotion within your existing team, or an international move.
- Flexible Working – We play many roles in our busy lives; juggling family, fitness, work, study and community interests. Sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day. Which got us thinking. Wouldn’t it be great if we could play with time and fit in all the things that are important? Good news. You can. We have a host of flexible working options that are available to everyone at PPB.
- Uncapped Holiday Allowance – Yes, you heard that right – UNCAPPED holiday!
The Fun Stuff:
- Target 10% bonus
- Pizza & beer/wine fridge Friday
- Health & Wellbeing, with free classes such a yoga, bootcamp, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, running & cycling clubs etc.
The Boring Stuff:
- Subsidised canteen
- Pension/Flexible Financial Wellbeing
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection
Flexible Working Options:
1/ Flexible Hours
2/ Working From Home