About Paddy Power Betfair Group Compliance
The role of the Paddy Power Betfair Group Compliance function is to support, advise and enable the Group strategic objectives across its Paddy Power and Betfair brands and work in collaboration with Compliance colleagues in our Sportsbet and TVG brands.
Working within the second line of defence, the Paddy Power Betfair Group Compliance function is responsible for advising, monitoring and reporting on the management of downstream and upstream regulatory and compliance risks. It provides advice and support to the Board and Senior Management in their leadership of Paddy Power Betfair in a compliant manner across its countries of operation and in the promotion of a culture of compliance and risk awareness within the organisation.
About the Integrity Manager
Reporting to the Deputy Head of Financial Crime & Integrity Compliance, the Integrity Manager manages the Integrity Team and is responsible for ensuring that betting integrity risks within the Paddy Power Betfair group are suitably mitigated.
The Integrity Manager is responsible for managing the performance of team members, including setting objectives and priorities for the team and for providing guidance and final sign off on all case work. They will maintain and grow the team’s relationships and interaction with relevant internal teams.
In addition, the Integrity Manager will represent PPB externally on integrity matters and will be responsible for maintaining and extending our relationships with relevant Sports Governing Bodies and Regulators.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a team of integrity analysts and senior analysts.
- Oversight and responsibility for all Integrity Team output.
- Final sign off of casework carried out by the Integrity Team analysts including the statements and exhibits produced to support investigations by MOU partners, regulators and law enforcement agencies.
- Final sign off on account closure and suspension decisions with responsibility for liaising with other internal stakeholders where relevant.
- Ensure appropriate escalations regarding serious integrity issues.
- Collate and distribute appropriate management information relating to Integrity Team output.
- Development of existing integrity systems, practices and procedures to ensure the team is industry leading.
- Drive developments regarding investigative technologies and techniques to implement improvements in detection methods.
- Drive integration and efficiencies and make use of all internal/external relationships to ensure the Integrity Team use all resources available to protect customers, maintain fairness in our markets and support commercial priorities.
- Represent PPB at relevant Integrity specific forums and meetings.
- Develop, maintain and optimise relationships with MOU partners, regulators and other external stakeholders to ensure PPB interests are represented and to influence external policy with regards to betting integrity issues.
- A strong academic record in a relevant discipline at degree level.
- Strong managerial and leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- The ability to use knowledge of integrity issues to educate and influence others.
- Ability to think critically and make complex decisions under time pressure.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Strong data interpretation capabilities with logic and analytical skills.
- Ability to work at pace whilst not compromising the quality of output
- Extensive knowledge of racing, sports and the betting environment.
- Broad knowledge of betting integrity issues.
- External and internal stakeholder management skills including with very senior persons.
- Proficiency in standard IT packages, particularly Excel, and a working knowledge of SQL language, Business Objects and Blackthorn Case Management software.
- Strong presentation skills with the confidence and ability to effectively present to dignitaries, law enforcement personnel, sporting regulators.
- The confidence and ability to represent Financial Crime & Integrity Compliance on relevant matters.
Desirable Personal Attributes & Competencies.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline.
- Strong managerial and leadership skills of both people and systems.
- Experience of the intelligence cycle and/or investigating financial crime.
- Able to demonstrate extensive experience of analysis relating to sports betting integrity issues.
- Able to demonstrate extensive experience of managing and taking a leadership role relating to sports betting integrity issues.
- Able to demonstrate some experience of project management and business process improvement.