JOB DESCRIPTION: EUROPEAN BETTING INTEGRITY MANAGER
Reports to: Deputy Head of Financial Crime
Location: London OR Dublin
The role of the Paddy Power Betfair Risk function is to support, advise and enable the Group strategic objectives across its Paddy Power and Betfair brands and work in collaboration with Compliance colleagues in our Sportsbet and TVG brands.
Working within the second line of defence, the Paddy Power Betfair Risk function is responsible for advising, monitoring and reporting on the management of downstream and upstream regulatory and compliance risks. It provides advice and support to the Board and Senior Management in their leadership of Paddy Power Betfair in a compliant manner across its countries of operation and in the promotion of a culture of compliance and risk awareness within the organisation.
About the European Betting Integrity Manager
The European Betting Integrity Manager leads the Integrity function and is responsible for ensuring that betting integrity risks within markets offered by the Paddy Power Betfair group are suitably monitored and mitigated. The desired outcome is betting and sporting markets which remain free from match-fixing and corruption. This provides an experience which our customers can enjoy without any taint of illegality.
Paddy Power Betfair already has an industry leading 70 Memoranda of Understanding in place with various sporting bodies across Europe which commit to keeping these sports free from match-fixing and corruption. A key metric will be building out our leadership in this space and expanding PPB’s footprint with external sporting bodies.
The candidate will be the key point of contact for PPB across Europe on integrity matters and will be responsible for maintaining and extending our relationships with relevant Sports Governing Bodies (such as the FA, British Horseracing Authority etc). This will involve influencing stakeholders at Board level.
In addition, the candidate is responsible for managing the performance of team members, including setting objectives and priorities for the team and for providing guidance and final sign off on all case work. They will maintain and grow the team’s relationships and interaction with relevant internal teams.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent PPB at relevant Integrity specific forums, conferences and meetings.
- Develop, maintain and optimise relationships with sporting partners, gambling regulators and other external stakeholders to ensure PPB interests are represented and to influence external policy with regards to betting integrity issues.
- Ability to think critically and make complex decisions under time pressure.
- Strong data interpretation capabilities with logic and analytical skills.
- Ability to work at pace whilst not compromising the quality of output
- Extensive knowledge of racing, sports and the betting environment.
- Broad knowledge of betting integrity issues.
- Strong presentation skills with the confidence and ability to effectively present to dignitaries, law enforcement personnel, sporting regulators.
- The confidence and ability to represent the group externally on relevant matters.
- Development of existing integrity systems, practices and procedures to ensure the team maintains its position as industry leading.
- Drive developments regarding investigative technologies and techniques to implement improvements in detection methods to keep corruption out of sports.
- Drive integration and efficiencies and make use of all internal/external relationships to ensure the Integrity Team use all resources available to protect customers, maintain fairness in our markets and support commercial priorities.
- Proficiency in standard IT packages, particularly Excel, and a working knowledge of SQL language, Business Objects and Blackthorn Case Management software.
- Manage a team of two senior analysts and two analysts.
- Final sign off on casework carried out by the Integrity Team analysts including the statements and exhibits produced to support investigations by sporting partners, regulators and law enforcement agencies.
- Final sign off on account closure and suspension decisions where concerns exist about the integrity of the sporting event. Responsibility for liaising with other internal stakeholders where relevant.
- Ensure appropriate escalations regarding serious integrity issues.
- Collate and distribute appropriate management information relating to Integrity Team output for consumption by internal and external senior leaders.
Desirable Personal Attributes & Competencies.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline.
- Strong managerial and leadership skills of both people and systems.
- Able to demonstrate extensive experience of analysis relating to sports betting integrity issues.
- Able to demonstrate some experience of project management and business process improvement.
…What Will I Get In Return?!
- Career Progression – 5 global brands in 3 continents = endless opportunities. We’re a FTSE 100 with a start-up soul, so if you enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, you’ll get on here. There are many directions your career can move in; whether it’s gaining promotion within your existing team, or an international move.
- Flexible Working – We play many roles in our busy lives; juggling family, fitness, work, study and community interests. Sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day. Which got us thinking. Wouldn’t it be great if we could play with time and fit in all the things that are important? Good news. You can. We have a host of flexible working options that are available to everyone at PPB.
- Uncapped Holiday Allowance – Yes, you heard that right – UNCAPPED holiday!
The Fun Stuff:
- Target 20% bonus
- Pizza & beer/wine fridge Friday
- Health & Wellbeing, with free classes such a yoga, bootcamp, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, running & cycling clubs etc.
The Boring Stuff:
- Subsidised canteen
- Pension/Flexible Financial Wellbeing
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection
Flexible Working Options:
1. Occasional working from home
2. Flexible working hours