We are looking for a talented user experience designer to join the Paddy Power Sports team to help deliver exciting, intuitive and easy to use experiences to our end users. We work across all of Paddy Power’s digital touchpoints for sports and create compelling multichannel experiences for our retail stores.
UX designers at Paddy Power facilitate workshops, participate in user research, distill input from stakeholders, partner with product managers to execute user and business requirements and lead the visualisation of new and existing products and functionality. UX team members also take on such responsibilities as contributing to our design system and Design Ops.
If you’re an ideal candidate, you know how to make things happen in a fast-paced environment. You’re good at estimating work and breaking it down into tasks and stakeholder checkpoints. Colleagues would describe you as a relentless collaborator and a great communicator. You’re smart, creative, analytical, and a joy to work with. And of course… you get excited about the idea of providing a seamless betting experience for our customers across an ever growing number of touch points.
The Paddy Power design team is made up of a diverse crew of 10 UX & UI designers, distributed across Dublin and Porto. This means daily online collaboration and occasional trips to Porto for team collaboration. We work in the entertainment industry so we try to have some fun along the way with a bit of our Paddy Power sense of humour.
We’re firm advocates of research and testing and do so constantly with our dedicated research team. We’re also part of a 40 strong international design community working across multiple brands and disciplines — regularly sharing knowledge, insights and experience to build great products.
- Focus on the customer – first & last – using research and data to define a customer centered approach to our designs.
- Create low, medium and high-fidelity wireframes and functional prototypes.
- Collaborate with the wider business; PMs, UI designers, developers, researchers, marketers, and others on all projects.
- Partner with senior stakeholders teasing out requirements and defining user goals and pain points.
- Use your extensive knowledge of UX design methodologies to educate and influence cross-functional team.
- Define incremental UX development paths for new and existing functionality across products.
- Communicate the value of design solutions to a range of stakeholders with varying familiarity of design and technology.
- You don’t need to be an expert visual designer, but we do expect good visual literacy and the ability to make use of an established visual system.
- BA/BSc Degree
- 2 – 4 years focused UX design experience — designing software products/web apps, with demonstrated ability to master complex domains.
- A portfolio demonstrating thoughtful problem-solving skills. Walk us through your design process, including the problem you were trying to solve and the research and sketches that brought you to your final design solution.
- Strong interaction design skills, from standalone features and screens to full journeys containing clear instructions and attention to detail.
- Ability to inspire confidence in colleagues through your strong communication, planning and organisation skills.
- We’re more interested in design fundamentals than in specific domain or platform knowledge but would strongly prefer to hire someone with plenty of experience designing for complex interfaces.
- We also love candidates with experience designing any of the following: responsive websites, native mobile apps, data visualisation and broad information architecture.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and front-end web technologies will also earn you points with your future development colleagues.
- An interest in sport would be highly advantageous but not a requirement for this role