The Unified Comms & AV Engineer is an individual who will select, deploy, and maintain our Comms and AV systems. The role is hands on in managing our Comms & AV systems and set up the policies for our wider user group.
This role can be based at all our offices and might require travel to all other offices locations.
- Providing proactive technical support for all our Comms & AV systems
- Ensuring services are highly available and secure by proactively conducting performance analysis, monitoring, capacity planning, security enforcement and disaster recovery
- Working to a high standard of service management, with an emphasis on customer service, documentation & availability
- Proactively maintaining the infrastructure to prevent failures/issues and improve performance, availability and resilience.
- Liaising closely with other groups to ensure smooth transition into support for new services
- Support team members and mentor junior team members across all technologies
- Capable of providing 24×7 on-call support as appropriate to role.
- A good understanding of Skype for Business
- A good understanding of the Cisco VC infrastructure – Codian, Movi, VCS, TMS, VCSE
- Cisco VC Endpoints support
- Digital signage (e.g Cabletime / Mediastar / Exterity)
- Experience in supporting Video and Audio conferencing systems
- Experiencing with conference rooms setups and displays as well as video walls
- Keen and active interest in technology trends and the impact of new/disruptive technologies, determining how best to exploit these to the advantage of PPB
- Understand the major vendor relationships and licencing implications
Unified Comms & AV Engineer:
- Expert understanding of relevant industry technologies
- Subject matter expert on one or more systems: Cisco AV and Skype for Business
- Advises on selection of new products, hardware or services.
- Technical design authority for at least one system
- Owns technical roadmaps and reviews plans
- Reviews, writes and applies standards and processes rigorously, and suggests improvements.
- Restores service during complex unplanned outages.
- Initiates and completes root cause analysis on highly complex incidents.
- Operates automated tools/scripts to complete tasks, writes new such tools to automate further tasks, and encourages wider adoption of automated techniques.
- Contributes towards the creation of own career development plan
- Inputs to technical roadmaps for team
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work to exacting deadlines
- Flexibility and adaptable in their approach to customer and business needs
- Taking ownership of issues through to resolution demonstrating a positive, can do, proactive approach to issue resolution
- Desire to learn about new products and keep abreast of new product developments
Unified Comms & AV Engineer:
- Identifies opportunities for efficiency within team
- Champions and promotes technology & operational excellence throughout the team
- Requires no task supervision.