Payroll Support Partner
The Team –
The Payroll team is part of the Reward Team and currently consists of the Payroll Manager and 4 Payroll Support Partners. The Reward Team is part of the larger HR Team.
Role Summary –
The payroll team is responsible for managing the end to end payroll operation for the UK, Ireland, Malta, Spain and Denmark, ensuring that each stage of the payroll process is actioned properly; that all employees are paid correctly; that appropriate and accurate information is provided to the Finance Team and other internal departments, that correct information and payments are made to local tax departments, pension providers and other statutory bodies.
We are currently transitioning our payroll services to NGA to bring the payroll processing fully in-house. The role will therefore evolve during this transition phase.
Key Responsibilities –
The Payroll Support Partner will have allocated payrolls to manage and, working together with the payroll team, the Payroll Support Partner will:
- input/upload data relating to employee’s payments & deductions into the payroll database in line with the payroll timetable and processing checklist.
- ensure that employees are paid on time and receive the correct payments by completing the documented pre and post processing checks.
- ensure that correct payments, reports and returns are made to HMRC, the pension providers and other statutory bodies.
- carry out pay period and year end processes essential for statutory and other returns.
- ensure that all deductions are reconciled and all 3rd party payments are reconciled to the payroll deductions before payment is released.
- deal with enquiries from employees and external contacts and agencies, by telephone or in writing.
- conduct regular checks to ensure the integrity of the payroll database, updating data as necessary and ensuring that the payroll database is working properly and that problems are identified to the Payroll Manager.
- maintain up to date and comprehensive payroll processing procedures and timetables.
- prepare information from the payroll as required by other areas of the business to an agree timeline.
- reconcile all payroll payments & deductions to the financial ledger (General Ledger), and liaise closely with colleagues in the Finance Department to ensure that monthly reconciliations are undertaken.
- in conjunction with the Payroll Manager, plan the best way to implement legislative changes and ensure that standard procedures are developed to support any such changes.
- participate in any projects to develop the payroll processes and database, taking a lead on identifying improvements and playing a key role in implementing any resultant changes.
- work closely with other payroll team members so ensure cross training on payrolls is achieved.
- provide payroll cover when other team members are absent.
- undertake any other duties appropriate to the role, as required by the Payroll Manager.
Skills & Experience –
- A positive and good-humored nature with a ‘can-do’ attitude (essential).
- Ability to deal with sensitive matters professionally and confidentially (essential).
- Accuracy and an eye for detail, with a meticulous, systematic approach to problem solving (essential).
- Excellent organisational skills (essential).
- Ability to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines (essential).
- Able to wok flexibly and work the necessary hours to meet the demands of the position (essential).
- A proven track record in a high-volume payroll environment (essential).
- Retail payroll processing experience (desirable).
- Detailed knowledge of UK payroll processing, tax / national insurance rules, Auto Enrolment and RTI administration (essential).
- Detailed knowledge of ROI payroll processing, tax / national insurance rules and pension scheme administration (desirable).
- Good understanding of accounting principles and their application to payroll (desirable).
- Experience of producing payroll related management information reports (desirable).
- Ability to summarise and interpret complex information using oral and written methods to meet the needs of a diverse audience (essential).
- Knowledge NGA Resourcelink (desirable)
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook (essential).
…What Will I Get In Return?!
- Career Progression – 5 global brands in 3 continents = endless opportunities. We’re a FTSE 100 with a start-up soul, so if you enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, you’ll get on here. There are many directions your career can move in; whether it’s gaining promotion within your existing team, or an international move.
- Flexible Working – We play many roles in our busy lives; juggling family, fitness, work, study and community interests. Sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day. Which got us thinking. Wouldn’t it be great if we could play with time and fit in all the things that are important? Good news. You can. We have a host of flexible working options that are available to everyone at PPB.
- Uncapped Holiday Allowance – Yes, you heard that right – UNCAPPED holiday!
The Fun Stuff:
- Target 10% bonus
- Pizza & beer/wine fridge Friday
- Health & Wellbeing, with free classes such a yoga, bootcamp, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, running & cycling clubs etc.
The Boring Stuff:
- Subsidised canteen
- Pension/Flexible Financial Wellbeing
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection