Job Title: Risk Manager
Reporting Line: This role reports to Director of Risk Management
Job Location/Office: Clonskeagh, Dublin 4
The Risk Management function is responsible for the development and implementation of the Group’s enterprise Risk Framework, and in doing so seeking to ensure a coordinated and consistent approach to risk management activities across PPB (“the Group”). This is a pivotal time in the Group’s risk management programme and the people in our team are truly shaping what we do. We are seeking to expand our Risk function by appointing an Risk Manager to the team.
The role holder will be primarily responsible for supporting the Director of Risk Management in the continued development and implementation of the Group’s enterprise risk management framework ensuring consistent application, roll-out and implementation of requirements across the business lines and support functions.
In addition, the role holder will be responsible for assisting and supporting the continued development and implementation of the enterprise Risk Management strategy and framework. You will have the opportunity to work on key risk related projects such as, i.e. Business Continuity Management, Risk Appetite setting, and entail activities such as risk governance related projects, risk reporting activities, and analysis of emerging risks.
Central to this role is the ability to work with both staff and senior management and stakeholders across the Group’s operations to ensure that the Risk Management Framework is embedded effectively and appropriately.
This is what you’ll be doing:
- You will assist in the development of a robust enterprise Risk Management Framework, and execution of the Framework across business lines and geographies
- You’ll help the Risk Management function to drive the risk agenda across Paddy Power Betfair as well as International operations in the consolidated Group.
- You will partner with commercial and operational area(s) of the business, the First and Second Lines of Defence (LOD), to ensure risk management practises and processes are appropriately embedded; and requirements are understood and effectively applied.
- You will assist in prioritising and driving completion of mitigation efforts and improvements in the control environment across the business lines, ensuring monitoring, escalation, and appropriate mitigation of identified exposures that exceed the Group’s risk appetite.
- You will assist in the forecasting and analysis of new ‘emerging risks’ with potential reputational or strategic impact on the Group.
- You will manage the ongoing monitoring and reporting of the organisation’s risk profile vis-à-vis the organisational Risk Appetite Statement and risk policies to respective governance bodies including local / regional management and local / regional Risk Committees and Boards.
- You will support in the preparation and provide senior management with risk information and reports; and escalate concerns where appropriate.
- You will be accountable for effective participation in risk review forums and active contribution to other risk activities.
- You will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to deliver an effective risk culture across the organisation, establishing strong relationships and maintaining a culture of excellence for ERM change.
- Has a strategic mind-set, takes a long term view and anticipates future trends and implications
- Is a team player; develops robust relationships and works with others across the organisation to get things done
- Demonstrates a bias for action when faced with tough challenges. Is confident under pressure.
- Embraces change with an open-mind and an eagerness to try out new things
- Demonstrates humility in their dealings with others. Actively listens with intent, appreciates others opinions
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- 5-3 years’ experience in similar industry or equivalent, Financial Services, Technology and in a compliance, risk or internal control role preferred.
- Applicants should have a third level qualification (degree or similar) in a relevant subject.
- Experience in developing and implementing risk initiatives and programs of work in a fast-paced environment would be an asset.
- Preparation and delivery of presentations, reports, and proposals to gain approval for a specific course of action, to inform, or build knowledge.
- Exposure to working in a regulated environment an advantage.
…What Will I Get In Return?!
- Career Progression – 5 global brands in 3 continents = endless opportunities. We’re a FTSE 100 with a start-up soul, so if you enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, you’ll get on here. There are many directions your career can move in; whether it’s gaining promotion within your existing team, or an international move.
- Flexible Working – We play many roles in our busy lives; juggling family, fitness, work, study and community interests. Sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day. Which got us thinking. Wouldn’t it be great if we could play with time and fit in all the things that are important? Good news. You can. We have a host of flexible working options that are available to everyone at PPB.
- Uncapped Holiday Allowance – Yes, you heard that right – UNCAPPED holiday!
The Fun Stuff:
- Target 20% bonus
- Pizza & beer/wine fridge Friday
- Health & Wellbeing, with free classes such a yoga, bootcamp, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, running & cycling clubs etc.
The Boring Stuff:
- Subsidised canteen
- Pension/Flexible Financial Wellbeing
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection
By submitting your application online, you agree that your details will be used to progress your application. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your HR record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair roles.