The Media & Planning Manager is a key role within the Betfair brand team that will ensure the Brand Marketing Department plan, develop and activate engaging through the line campaigns, that meet the needs of the business commercially. Taking an active lead in co-ordinating campaign plans and ATL media buying (predominantly TV, Print and Radio) but also working in collaboration with internal digital channel owners, this role truly sits as part of the core to the Betfair brand marketing team.
This role requires a person that can work at pace and deliver to tight deadlines. Coupled with this is an individual who is extremely organised, applies attention to every last detail and can co-ordinate cross functional teams under pressure. An understanding of multiple marketing channels (on and offline) together with the way they interact is crucial. Having the ability to steer campaign plans, activate media assets, ensure marketing runs in the correct media slots, and measure the campaign performance is vitally important.
This is what you’ll be doing…
- Own end-to-end process from brief to insight driven media planning and where appropriate, help define areas such as audience targeting/ sizing, media selection and messaging hierarchy.
- Define robust planning cycle which collaborates with the internal digital team whilst delivering ATL media plans, well in advance of delivery deadlines.
- Develop monthly ATL marketing plans tailored towards Core Bettors that drive commercial performance, measured through regular testing. In addition, deliver effective plans that capitalise on key sporting events, such as The Premier League, Cheltenham and the Ryder Cup.
- Plan the use of TV airtime and what content is running in which slot and why – delivering this plan to Traffic Bureau and reporting on performance.
- Press optimisation – manage the daily placements of content and schedule of advertising
- Manage internal and external stakeholders to deliver plans against commercial and business
- Manage the media buying agency, track and understand share of voice, and apply local market insights to future planning.
- Work closely with the Insights Director and Team to understand insights to improve payback and identify opportunities for scale.
- Work collaboratively with the internal digital team to ensure monthly media plans work
- Report regularly on media performance with thorough assessment for recommendations in future planning that iteratively optimises performance and investments
- Be the central point of contact for new media opportunities and manage internal evaluation and alignment.
- Liaise with the commercial team to establish monthly sporting priorities, which will in turn help establish media planning and broader messaging plans.
- Co-ordinate and distribute monthly marketing plans covering all elements of the Betfair Brand Marketing Team.
- Help structure weekly campaign meetings for key stakeholders in the lead up to big sporting events. This should also be supported with a campaign preview for Exec members.
What We’re Looking For…
- The ability to consistently meet deadlines and ensure work is accurate
- Experience in developing and managing ATL media plans (predominantly across TV/Print/Radio) with evidence of success and a clear understanding of how they interact and work.
- Experience in digital media buying is advantageous but not essential.
- Demonstrate a clear ability to manage multiple assets in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to plan using relevant tools and ensure there is a clear rolling media plan that can be shared with key personnel, showing what marketing is running with which media partner and when
- Successful senior stakeholder management experience
- Track record of analysing performance and helping make decisions based on data
- Strong analytical / reporting skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills with the ability to be able to communicate effectively across multiple stakeholders in formal and informal situations.
- Team player with personal characteristics that engender trust and confidence.
- Analytical, focused and results-driven.
- Comfortable within a changing and developing environment.
- Ability to take on responsibility for own projects
- Must have flexible attitude and the ability to work under pressure
- Desire to work in online betting and gaming
…What Will I Get In Return?!
- Career Progression – 5 global brands in 3 continents = endless opportunities. We’re a FTSE 100 with a start-up soul, so if you enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, you’ll get on here. There are many directions your career can move in; whether it’s gaining promotion within your existing team, or an international move.
- Flexible Working – We play many roles in our busy lives; juggling family, fitness, work, study and community interests. Sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day. Which got us thinking. Wouldn’t it be great if we could play with time and fit in all the things that are important? Good news. You can. We have a host of flexible working options that are available to everyone at PPB.
- Uncapped Holiday Allowance – Yes, you heard that right – UNCAPPED holiday!
The Fun Stuff:
- Target 10% bonus
- Pizza & beer/wine fridge Friday
- Health & Wellbeing, with free classes such a yoga, bootcamp, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, running & cycling clubs etc.
The Boring Stuff:
- Subsidised canteen
- Pension/Flexible Financial Wellbeing
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection