Position: Head of Licensing
Reporting to: Group Compliance Director
Context & Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Group Compliance Director, the Head of Licensing is responsible for ensuring appropriate processes, systems and structures are in place for the development and lifecycle management of the Group’s regulatory and licensing objectives.
The role requires excellence in leadership, with proven people management skills. The successful candidate should hold significant experience in commensurately senior roles and have a proven track record of delivering results in a challenging commercial environment. The successful candidate will be capable of delivering results, with and through colleagues and peers, both cross functionally and cross jurisdictionally. Specific compliance experience is not a prerequisite but the candidate should have a professional background (accountancy, law or compliance) with relevant professional qualifications.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Help set and deliver a licensing strategy for the Group incorporating all geographical locations and business units
- Drive a culture of compliance across the business units
- Influence at Board and Senior Management levels to ensure the support and development of an appropriate Group approach
- Develop a strong licensing team to support current and future business needs and create a pipeline of talent
Leadership & Team management
- As a senior member of the CRO function, display exemplary leadership qualities consistently amongst the wider team and across the organisation
- Provide a high degree of reliance and accountability to senior executives and board members
- Work with the team of nine compliance professionals to help deliver efficiencies and positive business impacts to allow for further scaling in line with group growth
- Lead and develop team members proactively and continuously – maintaining and developing a high-performance culture and progressing a talent pipeline
- Support adequate team expertise through effective training and development.
- Review and challenge the Executive team and senior management on key operational and strategic decisions that may have a licensing implication. Build internal relationships to support the business in meeting legal and regulatory obligations in line with the risk appetite of the Group.
- Proactively engage with regulators as and when required by business and jurisdictional needs. Work collaboratively other industry stakeholders to influence sensible regulatory outcomes.
- Act as a functional expert with respect to licensing matters. Monitor and interpret regulatory change and developments to ensure the impact on the business is highlighted and understood by relevant senior management as well as keeping ahead of changing obligations.
- Have oversight of varied regulatory activities undertaken by our organisation in all locations and ensure appropriate structures are in place to support compliance.
- Work closely with other key controls function including Internal Audit, Risk Management, Data Protection and Legal to ensure a comprehensive, effective and streamlined approach to risk management
- Overall monitoring of business compliance across the Group, including driving continuous improvement in related systems and processes.
- Support the implementation of a risk management tool which helps support the Group in ensuring compliance with all key legal and regulatory obligations
Key Skills & Experience
- An experienced professional with a track record in delivering results in multi-jurisdictional businesses
- Ability to develop technical knowledge and demonstrates the behaviours to lead a function
- Previous experience of managing expectations at Board and Executive level
- Communicative and articulate, able to operate credibly with the most senior stakeholders. Professional and developed influencing skills with experience of successfully managing internal stakeholders with conflicting priorities.
- Possessing the organisational/sectoral knowledge required for identifying areas of compliance vulnerability and aligning the compliance functions with the business
- Experience of a plc environment and retail, e-commerce and/or betting and gaming industry experience would also be desirable.
- A motivational team builder, with a hands-on approach to management
- Experience of assessing skills gaps and identifying learning and development needs, then supporting or coordinating L&D / career pathways
- Strong process skills combined with commercial acumen and an ability to identify risk
- Strong presentation and communication skills: the ability to accurately identify key issues and communicate them broadly
- High energy and drive, and flexible enough to work in an entrepreneurial, dynamic and changing environment and the resilience to embrace challenge
- The potential to take on increasingly senior roles within Paddy Power Betfair
…What Will I Get In Return?!
- Career Progression – 5 global brands in 3 continents = endless opportunities. We’re a FTSE 100 with a start-up soul, so if you enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, you’ll get on here. There are many directions your career can move in; whether it’s gaining promotion within your existing team, or an international move.
- Flexible Working – We play many roles in our busy lives; juggling family, fitness, work, study and community interests. Sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day. Which got us thinking. Wouldn’t it be great if we could play with time and fit in all the things that are important? Good news. You can. We have a host of flexible working options that are available to everyone at PPB.
- Uncapped Holiday Allowance – Yes, you heard that right – UNCAPPED holiday!
The Fun Stuff:
- Target annual bonus
- Pizza & beer/wine fridge Friday
- Health & Wellbeing, with free classes such a yoga, bootcamp, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, running & cycling clubs etc.
The Boring Stuff:
- Subsidised canteen
- Pension/Flexible Financial Wellbeing
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection