Paddy Power Betfair (PPB) require a Fraud Operations Team leader to lead the dual brand activities of our Fraud Operations team in our Dublin office, which positions PPB as a market leader in the online & security space.
Reporting directly to the Fraud Operations Manager, the Fraud Operations Team Leader will have cross locational responsibility for 20+ staff in our Dublin and Malta offices. The successful candidate will be expected to drive performance within the team by setting and challenging processes and performance, and encouraging strong collaboration within the team across locations.
The Fraud Operations Team Leader will need to have strong people management skills. Be a subject matter expertise in the area of Fraud and Customer Verification, have the customer at the heart of all that they do. Be passionate about driving efficiency and innovation, stretching the function to be best in class amongst our competitors.
This is what you’ll be doing….
- Responsibility shared with our Fraud Operations Team Leader (Malta) for the successful operation of the Fraud Operations team in our Dublin and Malta offices, including the management of our chargeback, fraud and customer verification risks.
- Manage and motivate to enhance the daily performance of the wider team, in order to achieve/exceed business targets, whilst maintaining excellent customer outcomes.
- Accountable for the monitoring, delivery and reporting of KPIs across both Fraud and Customer verification to maximise team performance and effectiveness.
- Organisation and resolution of escalations from Customer Services and the wider business.
- To assist the Fraud Agents and Fraud Analysts with complex issues or situations.
- Achievement of the Fraud Operations Budget, including monitoring and identification of changes that may require a movement of targets.
- Use of our analytical capabilities to allow for the resolution of operational issues and suggested modifications to achieve our KPIs.
- Working closely with the Fraud Operations Managers in Dublin and Malta, as well as peers in the Fraud Innovation team, to ensure the successful implementation and execution of the Fraud and Customer Verification strategy for the PPB Fraud team.
- Manage the implementation of new process and product releases to ensure team operational readiness.
- Collaborate with the Fraud Innovation management team, to engage with key stakeholders both internal and external to the business to minimise fraud losses within the business’s risk appetite whilst maintaining excellent customer service.
- Support the harmonisation of the processes of both the former Paddy Power and Betfair Fraud teams, to take advantage of best-in-class approaches and technology.
- Assist the Fraud Management team in evaluating new technologies and threats, making recommendations to mitigate fraud losses as well as helping identify and evaluate new tools and solutions.
- Identify at least one strong successor and develop this individual’s skills via coaching and expansions of experience and responsibility
- Support ongoing Training & Staff development. Identify high performers and work with them to achieve their goals, including internal moves/promotions. Identify underperformers and work on PDP plans to get them back on track, and identify others that need to stretch their abilities. Be accountable for fostering a culture of respect, change and learning amongst the teams.
- Ensure the delivery of agreed annual efficiency and service level targets.
What We’re Looking For…
- Demonstrable experience of fraud management ideally in a gaming, financial service or insurance environment.
- Strong understanding of the drivers of security and fraud within an online business.
- A leader who can demonstrate their ability to motivate staff and to strike the correct balance between the provision of excellent customer service and fraud containment.
- Highly developed communication skills and an ability to build and maintain working relationships with the wider business.
- Numerate with an analytical mind.
- Ability to manage senior stakeholders in pressure situations to deliver results to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrable experience of driving efficiency (including cost, use of technology, etc.) whilst delivering a “best in class” customer experience
- Powerful influencing and problem-solving skills with a proven track record.
- Strong commercial acumen with a history of adding value across the wider business and a track record of developing flexible solutions in fraud and risk to changing business needs.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- 2+ years Fraud Operations/Risk experience in a Fraud or Security Ecommerce role
- A full understanding of key legislation, regulatory bodies and best practice deployed within the Fraud specialism.
- Working knowledge of Paddy Power Betfair suite of products.
- Project management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technology discipline.
…What Will I Get In Return?!
- Career Progression – 5 global brands in 3 continents = endless opportunities. We’re a FTSE 100 with a start-up soul, so if you enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, you’ll get on here. There are many directions your career can move in; whether it’s gaining promotion within your existing team or an international move.
- Flexible Working – We play many roles in our busy lives; juggling family, fitness, work, study and community interests. Sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day. Which got us thinking. Wouldn’t it be great if we could play with time and fit in all the things that are important? Good news. You can. We have a host of flexible working options that are available to everyone at PPB.
- Uncapped Holiday Allowance – Yes, you heard that right – UNCAPPED holiday!
The Fun Stuff:
- Target bonus
- Pizza & beer/wine fridge Friday
- Health & Wellbeing, with free classes such a yoga, bootcamp, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, running & cycling clubs etc.
The Boring Stuff:
- Subsidised canteen
- Pension/Flexible Financial Wellbeing
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection