Fraud Operations Analyst
Part of Customer Operations, the Fraud Team plays a vital role in protecting Paddy Power Betfair against financial losses by preventing, detecting and investigating all instances of external fraud associated with our product range. The Fraud Team consists of several sub teams based in multiple locations. The entire team works closely with other areas of the business, external payment providers, financial institutions and law enforcement bodies as well as fraud teams in other gambling operators. We manage the fraud risk by being a pro-active intelligence led unit. For any role within the specialism you need to be able to speedily interpret and process large quantities of data in a fast moving and ever-changing environment.
Reporting directly to the Fraud Operations Team Lead (Malta) you will have the ability to speedily interpret and process large quantities of data in a fast moving and ever-changing environment, have the customer at the heart of all that you do whilst maintaining a strategic, “big picture” view on things and be passionate about achieving excellence and continuously improving our ways of working.
This role is based in our Malta Office on a shift based schedule covering 365 days of the year.
As a Chargeback Analyst your responsibilities will include, but not be exclusive to, the following;
- Monitor transactions and activity across all Paddy Power Betfair channels to assess the risk of fraud and bonus abuse and act when fraud is discovered to prevent further losses.
- Undertake in-depth transactional and behavioral reviews to form a full customer risk assessment.
- Apply procedures to identify suspect behavior and continually improve these procedures to reduce the risk of fraud.
- Provide feedback to the Fraud Operations Shift Leads or Fraud Operations Team Lead on potential process and procedure improvements.
- You will be involved in the identification of suspicious activity using various fraud detection systems and referrals from customers, colleagues and external organisations.
- Utilize 3rd party services to improve fraud detection rates
- Reply to bank requests for information to maximize the number of chargebacks which can be successfully reversed.
- You will be responsible for investigating and responding to member complaints submitted to the regulator and IBAS.
- Report on fraud statistics and share fraud trends to improve team knowledge and detection rates.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders such as Responsible Gaming, Customer Support, & Payments to ensure that while fraud risks are managed effectively, there is minimal friction to our customers
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
The successful candidate is likely to possess:
- Commercially Savvy: Keeps up to date with current and future trends and business developments; uses this knowledge to shape and guide decisions and actions to positively impact business drivers; provides insight on the business and industry, exploring and discussing the potential implications of change
- Hungry for Results: Drives self and others to excel and raise the bar on performance; maintains a high level of personal and collective energy to achieve results that are aligned and contribute to functional performance and strategy, consistently delivers exceptional results and is undeterred by challenging circumstances
- Passionate about Punters: Builds and maintains effective working relationships with customers; gains insight and stays attuned to current and emerging customer needs; uses customer insights to build and identify creative and improved solutions; holds self and others accountable for delivering services that exceed customer expectations
- Big Thinker: Balances strategic objectives with day to day activities; drives efforts and initiatives which will have the greatest strategic impact; considers and explores scenarios and possibilities to help the team and/or organization prepare and succeed in the future
Essential Skills and Experience
- Report writing – the ability to write accurate and timely reports.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of Exchange betting
- Numerate with an analytical mind.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software.
- Knowledge of market leading fraud tools
- Experience with delivering on driving improvements for KPI targets
- High level of attention to detail, confidential and integrity.
- The ability to process and interpret vast amounts of financial data to aid decision making.
- Demonstrable customer service skills and being an advocate of our values.
- Independent mind-set and capable of managing and prioritizing own workload in a highly pressured environment.
- An investigative mind.
- Ability to understand the bigger picture and work as a team.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- 1+ years Fraud Operations/Risk experience in a Fraud or Security Ecommerce role
- Online betting or casino industry experience.
- Financial Services experience.
- Knowledge of foreign languages.
- Broad Financial Crime experience, gained within similar organisation, financial services or law enforcement.
- Working knowledge of Paddy Power Betfair suite of products.
- An understanding of banking/ payment products and associated monetary flows.
- Experience using reporting tools such as Qlikview, Splunk, or Tableau
Closing Date for Applicants 10th May 2019