The role of the Paddy Power Betfair Group Compliance function is to support, advise and enable the Group strategic objectives across its Paddy Power and Betfair brands and work in collaboration with Compliance colleagues in our Sportsbet and TVG brands.
Working within the second line of defence, the Paddy Power Betfair Group Compliance function is responsible for advising, monitoring and reporting on the management of downstream and upstream regulatory and compliance risks. It provides advice and support to the Board and Senior Management in their leadership of Paddy Power Betfair in a compliant manner across its countries of operation and in the promotion of a culture of compliance and risk awareness within the organisation.
About the AML Operations Manager
We are seeking to appoint an AML Operations Manager, with commercial acumen and a strong compliance ethos who will work in close collaboration with colleagues within Group Compliance to:
The AML Operations Manager will act as a Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer (DMLRO) for Paddy Power Betfair and as a liaison for matters relating to Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing with external stakeholders including law enforcement and regulatory authorities.
He/ She will lead a team which advises, supports and monitors the following areas of compliance and regulatory risk:
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support the Head of Financial Crime and Integrity Compliance to monitor, manage and proactively engage with internal and external stakeholders on upstream regulatory and compliance risk relevant to the areas of responsibility for the Financial Crime team.
2. Manage and lead a team of Financial Crime specialists with a focus on the delivering of timely support, efficiency of process and the effectiveness of controls.
3. Provide proactive and professional advice and support to front line and operational functions to mitigate Financial Crime regulatory and compliance risk and add value.
4. Act as Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer (DMLRO).
5. To review and investigate suspicious activity reports and submit reports where needed
6. Ensure independent reviews are completed for higher risk client relationships in line with policy requirements. Escalate exceptional transactions or relationships to the MLRO in line with agreed protocols.
7. Work in close collaboration with colleagues within Group Compliance to support the management of the Group Compliance Framework and through it provide assurance to the Board and Senior Management on the management of Financial Crime compliance and regulatory risk.
8. Support the monitoring, management and proactive enhancement of the Groups Financial Crime Framework including its Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing
9. Deliver the components of the annual Compliance plan related to Financial Crime
10. Support and promote best practice within Group Compliance and the organisation through advisory, training and awareness activities and role modelling and the professional development of the members of the team.
11. Support the Head of Financial Crime in the management of internal and external stakeholders
12. Deliver and manage production of internal management information
Desirable Personal Attributes & Competencies.