About Paddy Power Betfair
Paddy Power Betfair plc was formed in 2016 from the merger of two of the fastest-growing online betting operators in the world; Paddy Power plc and Betfair Group plc. Paddy Power is an international multi-channel betting and gaming group widely seen as one of the most distinctive consumer brands in Europe. Betfair is an innovative online betting and gaming operator which pioneered the betting exchange in 2000, changing the landscape of the sports betting industry.
The combined Group has over 7,000 employees with a market-leading presence in the UK, Ireland, Australia and the USA, as well as a range of B2C and B2B operations across Europe.
The Sourcing Team for Commercial Operations is a key team within the Procurement Department. This team takes the lead in all relevant supplier sourcing and negotiation activities ensuring Paddy Power Betfair are at the forefront in terms of securing the very best commercial terms from the highest caliber of suppliers/partners for their business stakeholders. We are looking to recruit a Sourcing Manager to expand this team.
Purpose of role:
Based in our Dublin offices in Clonskeagh and reporting to the Head of Sourcing for Commercial Operations the successful candidate will be a key member of this Sourcing Team. Their main role will be to lead the Sourcing activities for the Marketing category, including vendor management, management of all 3rd party supplier spend and providing corporate governance. The Marketing function is a key driver of customer engagement across our business and the role covers engagement with various agency types such as creative, media buying across multiple channels as well as dealing with Marketing technology providers. The role will also assist managing the overall spend within the Marketing category and other key areas within the business, as needed.
- Working at pace, take responsibility for the prioritisation and delivery of commercial and contractual negotiations against agreed targets within the Marketing area
- Take ownership of the full procurement lifecycle, including supplier relationship management, ensuring that risk flows down the supply chain
- Drive cost reduction efforts through process improvements, contractual efficiencies and elimination of inefficient spending
- Assist on strategy development for category management and supplier development
- Establish, build and leverage relationships with existing and potential suppliers/partners to ensure Paddy Power Betfair are at the forefront of innovative developments within the Marketing category
- Working with new and potential suppliers/partners to safeguard capacity, quality, cost, minimise risk and assure continuity of supply in the long term
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders, manage the end-to end delivery of supplier contracts in accordance with agreed roadmaps to meet the business needs
- Responsible for highlighting contractual risk and supply resilience issues to Executive level stakeholders for consideration and change
- Continually challenge operational requirements and supplier spend, identifying and critiquing cost throughout the supply base
- Ensure, where appropriate, that regular review meetings with partners/suppliers are held at prescribed intervals including other stakeholder groups where necessary
- Production of management information that takes into account achievements and challenges encountered/overcome
- Build strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders and act as a functional bridge between external vendors and internal stakeholders (including senior management)
- As a member of the Procurement department, be a key contributor to lessons learned, knowledge share and process development across Paddy Power Betfair Procurement
Essential Skills & Experience
- Solid demonstrable experience in a fast-paced Marketing space
- Digital marketing experience including knowledge of programmatic buying, ad-serving and platform providers
- Knowledge of agencies including media buying and creative
- Self-starter who can manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive to completion effectively
- 5+ years Outsourcing, Commercial or Technical experience in an online and/or technical environment
- Solid and demonstrable Vendor Management and/or Procurement capabilities
- Effective team player with excellent communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills with a proven ability to over achieve Vs targets and drive projects to a close within sometimes aggressive timelines
- Ability to engage and influence at all levels of an organization
- Ability to work with minimal supervision but engage effectively with a wider team
- Full understanding of RFI/RFP and all tender processes
- Good knowledge of SLA’s, KPI’s, particularly with regard to enforcing those SLA’s and KPI’s
- Analytical and problem solving skills based on a data driven approach
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience within the gaming industry a plus
- Deep understanding of the key drivers of a business
- Exposure to and understanding of legal frameworks and contract law
- Experience of undertaking market research and analysis across indirect & direct spend categories to provide evidence to support/facilitate sourcing decisions
- Knowledge of web based IT infrastructure technologies and understanding of financial reporting tools
- Understanding of Paddy Power Betfair’s corporate risk profile and ability to manage those risks
- Strong Excel and analytical skills are key to this role
…What Will I Get In Return?!
- Career Progression – 5 global brands in 3 continents = endless opportunities. We’re a FTSE 100 with a start-up soul, so if you enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, you’ll get on here. There are many directions your career can move in; whether it’s gaining promotion within your existing team, or an international move.
- Flexible Working – We play many roles in our busy lives; juggling family, fitness, work, study and community interests. Sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day. Which got us thinking. Wouldn’t it be great if we could play with time and fit in all the things that are important? Good news. You can. We have a host of flexible working options that are available to everyone at PPB.
- Uncapped Holiday Allowance – Yes, you heard that right – UNCAPPED holiday!
The Fun Stuff:
- Target 10% bonus
- Pizza & drinks Fridays
- Health & Wellbeing, with free classes such a yoga, bootcamp, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, running & cycling clubs etc.
The Boring Stuff:
- Subsidised canteen
- Pension/Flexible Financial Wellbeing
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection
Flexible Working Options:
1. flexible working hrs
2. ocassional working from home