Indirect Tax Compliance Manager
The post holder will be primarily responsible for co-ordinating the indirect tax compliance for the PPB group
- Overall responsibility for the indirect tax compliance process for the PPB Group, over 400 returns annually
- Managing the compliance team, currently two analysts and scheduling their work in line with deadlines
- Responsible for Tax payment reporting and ongoing comparisons of tax liabilities
- Co-ordinating the compliance process between finance operations and the indirect tax analysts to ensure all returns are prepared in line with agreed timelines
- Review and submission of betting duty returns in multiple jurisdictions
- Review of VAT returns in multiple jurisdictions
- Arranging sign off process where required
- Co-ordinating and reviewing submission of all statistical returns
- Liaising with relevant finance teams to reconcile VAT/Duty GL accounts
- Create and maintain indirect tax compliance process controls and guides for the group supporting, audit and SAO compliance requirements
- Consider technology advancements available to enhance efficiency of the compliance process
- Co-ordinating responses for any tax/duty queries or audits
- Supporting Group Finance with indirect tax compliance queries as part of group external and internal audit
- Supporting query resolution involving Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and providing VAT training as required
- Supporting systems team with any issues including maintenance of Oracle tax rules
- Point of contact for Oracle tax issues
- Project work as required
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Qualified chartered Tax Advisor. Accounting knowledge a plus.
- Good working knowledge of VAT.
- Experience with Oracle is desirable.
- Must be self-motivated and possess excellent organisational skills with strong attention to detail and a desire to work to tight deadlines.
- Team player who can communicate well across a range of channels and audiences and work with others across the organisation to get things done
…What Will I Get In Return?!
- Career Progression – 5 global brands in 3 continents = endless opportunities. We’re a FTSE 100 with a start-up soul, so if you enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, you’ll get on here. There are many directions your career can move in; whether it’s gaining promotion within your existing team, or an international move.
- Flexible Working – We play many roles in our busy lives; juggling family, fitness, work, study and community interests. Sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day. Which got us thinking. Wouldn’t it be great if we could play with time and fit in all the things that are important? Good news. You can. We have a host of flexible working options that are available to everyone at PPB.
- Uncapped Holiday Allowance – Yes, you heard that right – UNCAPPED holiday!
The Fun Stuff:
- Target 10% bonus
- Pizza & beer/wine fridge Friday
- Health & Wellbeing, with free classes such a yoga, bootcamp, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, running & cycling clubs etc.
The Boring Stuff:
- Subsidised canteen
- Pension/Flexible Financial Wellbeing
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection.