The analytics team build systems, not just decks. They are the experts turning insight into action, learning by doing. They analyse, experiment and build analytics systems to optimise towards consistent, effective and cost-efficient interactions with the customer.
The team sits in the wider BI & Data Science team, and focuses upon building out and improving underlying targeting mechanisms that both ensure relevance for the customer and ROI for the business. To do this well the team also builds reporting to check the health of the systems, designs experiments to ensure that they are working, and conduct deep dive analyses to identify overlooked areas.
In general, you will do this by querying the data warehouse using SQL, digging into the data using a combination of Tableau and Excel, investigating modeled approaches using R or Python and then putting things live by working with Data and MarTech teams in order to link the work made to the platform doing the intervention and to eventually move to proper production standard deployment. In many cases Adobe Campaign is the CRM tool that we will integrate the targeting with. Once live something will then need monitoring, so intelligent experiment design is important coupled with Tableau to share the monitoring.
As a senior analyst it is expected that you’ll be technically advanced, and able to mentor more junior member of the team in any areas where you’re more accomplished. There will also be a greater deal of autonomy around projects, with the expectation that you can partner with stakeholders to understand the underlying commercial drivers of any ask and then identify the best way of achieving the outcome.
What you’ll be doing…
- Production of accurate work
- Documentation of work
- An ability to manage your time and demands on it
- Good communication with business stakeholders
- Conducting analysis to identify opportunities
- Building reporting and designing experiments to track performance
- Being aware of the wider picture of interventions happening
- Working with stakeholders to understand and deliver on requirements
What we’re looking for…
- 3+ years’ experience as an analyst, supporting operational and/or commercial teams in industry
- Bachelors/Masters degree in a qualitative field (e.g. mathematics, statistics, economics etc)
- Ability to ask the next question is vital, demonstrating commercial acumen
- High level SQL skills
- Knowledge of R or Python an advantage
- Knowledge of KPIs and important factors around ecommerce a plus
- Knowledge of online/offline sports betting and gaming an advantage
…What Will I Get In Return?!
- Career Progression – 5 global brands in 3 continents = endless opportunities. We’re a FTSE 100 with a start-up soul, so if you enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, you’ll get on here. There are many directions your career can move in; whether it’s gaining promotion within your existing team, or an international move.
- Flexible Working – We play many roles in our busy lives; juggling family, fitness, work, study and community interests. Sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day. Which got us thinking. Wouldn’t it be great if we could play with time and fit in all the things that are important? Good news. You can. We have a host of flexible working options that are available to everyone at PPB.
- Uncapped Holiday Allowance – Yes, you heard that right – UNCAPPED holiday!
The Fun Stuff:
- Target 10% bonus
- Pizza & beer/wine fridge Friday
- Health & Wellbeing, with free classes such a yoga, bootcamp, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, running & cycling clubs etc.
The Boring Stuff:
- Subsidised canteen
- Pension/Flexible Financial Wellbeing
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection
Flexible Working Options:
1/ Flexible Hours
2/ Working From Home