At Paddy Power Betfair, we’re building the most advanced betting platform in the world. Our developers work on some of the biggest technical challenges in the gambling and financial industries. They are responsible for the software that handles more than 5 billion requests per day and manages hundreds of millions of pounds of our customer’s money – and the demand on our services is increasing day-by-day.
We believe that diversity of experience and background can help us achieve our company goals and provide a better work environment for our employees as well as a better product for our customers. If you have the desire to shape our culture and influence the technical direction of our business, we would recommend that you apply.
- Diversity at work initiatives (gender equality, LGBTI, mental health, ethnicity, etc.)
- 2 days a year for volunteering
- Quarterly Hack Day
- Employee societies / activities (photography class, beer brewing class, etc.)
What you’ll be doing…
- Design and develop highly available, resilient, and distributed backend services in Java in an agile environment
- Measure the performance and availability of our tech stack – using this data to track inefficiencies and improve our software continuously
- Understand our customers’ behaviours and use cases to offer them the best possible experience through the software you deliver
- Evangelise code quality and good practices, continuous delivery, and automation
- Collaborate closely with other developers and mentor those who are more junior than you
- Take control of your personal growth within a supportive environment
What we’re looking for…
- Have software development experience in Java or other general-purpose programming languages (2+ years)
- Passionate about technology and care about code quality and best practices
- Keen to contribute towards the vision of our next gen platform
- Love collaborating with other developers, happy to do peer programming
- Willing to take on new challenges and work on different projects and applications
- Have working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
What you’ll get in return…
5 global brands in 3 continents = endless opportunities. We’re a FTSE 100 with a start-up soul, so if you enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, you’ll get on here. There are many directions your career can move in; whether it’s gaining promotion within your existing team, or an international move.
Uncapped Holiday Allowance
Yes, you heard that right – UNCAPPED holiday!
We play many roles in our busy lives; juggling family, fitness, work, study and community interests. Sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day. Which got us thinking. Wouldn’t it be great if we could play with time and fit in all the things that are important? Good news. You can. We have a host of flexible working options that are available to everyone at PPB.
The Fun Stuff
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme, ‘Pizza & Drinks Fridays’, health and wellbeing with free classes such as Yoga, bootcamp, Brazilian jujitsu, running club and lots of great events organised throughout the year by our own Ministry of Fun.
The Boring Stuff
- Free underground parking, subsidised canteen, pension, health insurance, life insurance, share save scheme, access to thousands of online learning courses, free fruit to the office daily.
There’s more but we won’t go on…