This role can be located at any of the Flutter Group locations Globally. Closing date for applications 19th of July.
As part of the Global Strategic Architecture function the Technology Strategy Architect will support the creation of a single vision of the end state technology architecture across the Flutter Group.
- Formulate an Architecture strategy & guidelines to empower Global strategic workstreams to make their own decisions and act independently
- Develop the frameworks and guidance around the Group Technology strategic architecture direction
- Agree the overall architectural strategy for our Global Betting Platform and Global Trading Platforms working closely with the local technology architecture functions.
- Facilitate the definition and adoption of common standards & APIs to be used for across our core global platforms to enable interoperability and reuse of services
- Facilitate the definition of standards to be used for sports models and data feeds across the Group
- Facilitate sharing of reference architecture between our technology functions across the Group
- Support the process that ensures that right things are reviewed globally, by the right people, in a timely fashion
- Facilitate sharing of tools and technologies to streamline operation of local infrastructure
- Well Organized: Is able to manage workload and plan ahead to ensure strategic priorities are achieved, expectations are managed and long term trust in the function is grown
- Careful Communicator: Ensures that materials and communications are clear, predictable, prepared to a high standard and consistent with verbal communications
- Big Thinker: Constantly explores and analyses future scenarios and possibilities to help the Group respond to change and shape the future; drives self and others to pursue opportunities that will create sustainable value for the Group; contributes to the flutter Group strategies, mapping and aligning efforts to strategic imperatives
- Commercially Savvy: Makes it their business to be aware and anticipate emerging external factors and changing market dynamics; constantly explores and analyses future scenarios and possibilities to help the Group respond to change and shape the future; has deep understanding of business drivers and the industry to guide decisions and lead others
- Resilient: Creates a climate where people are curious, resilient, determined, learn and adapt; handles and manages crises effectively; anticipates and shows the way forward during setbacks; builds energy in others to stick with it/ to stay on track / push through.
- Quality Decision Maker: Makes quality, long and short-term decisions at pace considering various inputs and through collaborating effectively; provides tools to empower teams to make decisions; regularly practices and encourages cross-functional problem solving and decision making
- Nimble: Is energised by new and unfamiliar situations and quickly adapts; advocates active experimentation and encourages others to be agile in their approach; is adaptable and flexible when developing others encouraging them to learn quickly when faced with new situations and be open to new ideas and ways of working; proactively shares lessons learned across the organisation.
- Wins Together: Gains trust and support of others, generous with time, advice and knowledge; is able to establish and engage networks to get stuff done rather than depend on authority; seeks out opportunities to break down barriers and collaborate and partner across organisational boundaries.
- Experience of operating in a senior architect role within a fast-paced online/eCommerce organisation
- A broad knowledge of the technologies supporting a modern online business and how they are applied to best effect
- Excellent ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders across a variety of disciplines, locations and seniority levels.
- Commercially astute
- An excellent relationship builder and motivator who will thrive on working closely with internal teams and clients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting to varied audiences
- Energetic, flexible, adaptable, change oriented
- Good organizational skills with the ability to work to exacting deadlines
- Strong analysis, problem resolution, judgment and decision-making skills