Paddy Power is a leading brand in its category, driving differentiation through disruption & delivering world class, through the line marketing campaigns. The role of the Online Media Manager will be critical in delivering on the brands continued success & will play a key role in delivering all major brand campaigns in the digital space, while also utilising online media as a key channel for direct acquisition for the business.
As the Online Media Manager in the Marketing department you will be responsible for planning, implementation, optimisation and tracking of display, video and paid social activity for the Paddy Power brand and will focus on improving key performance measures. These will be done with a focus on planning and delivering measurable in-audience reach, frequency and relevant messages to target audiences at scale. Reporting to the Head of Online Media (Paddy Power), this role will have real responsibility and the opportunity to impact how we work with the P&L teams, our agencies and partners. You will have a key role in delivering operational excellence, develop best practice across platforms and improve/establish working processes. The role offers the opportunity for an ambitious person to work in a fast-moving environment with a world class marketing team.
What you’ll be doing…
- Media & Partner Management: Prospect for, evaluate and negotiate for media placement opportunities that fulfil stated brand, volume and profit targets; manage logistics of deployment schedules and agency partner for media campaigns and activity. Campaign Analysis & Delivery:
- Responsible for managing and optimizing the display, video/social campaigns, overseeing budgets and pacing to ensure we are delivering against objectives positive return on investment and making spend decisions based on performance and deliverables that we have agreed with the business and with our partners.
- Proactively delivering proposals for new activities, tests, new channels and ways of working are key success criteria for this role.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, key partners and agency to identify opportunities and maximise campaign performance for the group and planning for future activities.
- Market & Competitive Intelligence: Monitor the marketplace, competitive landscape, industry trends, and 3rd party data sources to constantly identify new marketing opportunities and / or potential threats.
- Manage end to end testing processes including requirements gathering/documentation, seamless test design and accurate result measurement.
- Reporting – responsible for reporting and sharing of reports across key stakeholders, partners and agencies. Ensure a regular cadence of reporting is followed.
- Operational excellence: adoption and improvement of platform best practices, ways of working in i.e. invoicing, performance analysis & reporting and planning. Achieving Display/social marketing performance goals for brand campaigns, new user acquisition/retention and/or revenue generation.
- Taking a hands-on approach to driving success, with ownership, accountability and heavy involvement in managing a team to deliver day-to-day display operations for Betfair. Responsible for managing team of Execs and managing their performance and progression.
- Establish and improve ways of working and processes and ensure they are adopted across the team and followed day in day out.
What we’re looking for…
- 4+ years’ experience in campaign management across display, video (including programmatic buying) & social in Digital advertising and marketing, Consumer E-commerce, and/or Direct Response Marketing
- Track record of problem-solving, analysing online issues and opportunities as well as providing and implementing recommendations to improve campaigns.
- Proven knowledge of ad-serving, tracking platforms,paid social and programmatic campaign management (AppNexus preferable but not essential) and their applications in a media strategy.
- Enthusiastically committed to establishing oneself as top talent in the field of Internet Advertising and Marketing, Consumer E-commerce, and/or Direct Response Marketing as well as pursuing development of own knowledge base and skill set through constant learning.
- Strong analytical / reporting skills with the ability to make data-driven business decisions (a high level of proficiency in the use of MS Excel required)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to be able to communicate effectively with all levels within the business
- Constructively curious and positive attitude
- Self-starter and motivation to improve things and identify improvement areas and solutions on how to fix them
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Resilient can-do attitude and approach problem solving and process improvement
- Team player with personal characteristics that engender trust and confidence
- Highly analytical, focussed and results-driven
- Ability to work independently and in a team as well as ability to take on responsibility for own projects
- Comfortable within a changing and developing environment
- Confidence to make own decisions and manage 3rd party relationships
- Must be approachable at all times and in all situations
- Ability to prioritise, organise and multi-task
- Must have flexible attitude and the ability to work under pressure
- Motivated, enthusiastic and focused on a career in marketing
What will you get in return?!
- Career Progression – 5 global brands in 3 continents = endless opportunities. We’re a FTSE 100 with a start-up soul, so if you enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, you’ll get on here. There are many directions your career can move in; whether it’s gaining promotion within your existing team or opportunities within the business.
- Flexible Working – We play many roles in our busy lives; juggling family, fitness, work, study and community interests. Sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day. Which got us thinking. Wouldn’t it be great if we could play with time and fit in all the things that are important? Good news. You can. We have a host of flexible working options that are available to everyone at PPB.
- Uncapped Holiday Allowance – Yes, you heard that right – UNCAPPED holiday!
The Fun Stuff
- Target 10% bonus
- Pizza & beer/wine fridge Friday
- Health & Wellbeing, with free classes such a yoga, bootcamp, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, running & cycling clubs etc.
The Boring Stuff
- Subsidised canteen
- Pension/Flexible Financial Wellbeing
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection