Reporting to the Paddy Power Gaming Commercial Director, the Head of Games, Casino & Vegas will be Dublin based and will have overall P&L responsibility, commercial & operational ownership of the Paddy Power Games, Casino & Vegas product verticals. This entails driving market-beating growth of a triple-digit millions business unit, developing investment cases & go to market plans for multi-million-euro brand campaigns & digital acquisition investment, while ensuring flawless (and consistently compliant) operational execution of retention marketing plans supported by a wide variety of internal stakeholders and third-party casino content providers – all while being cognisant of operating our business in a fully responsible way at all times.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they can:
- Deliver a best in class gaming proposition across all three product verticals
- Provide a vision for how PPB can leverage its strong proprietary technology & game content to create a differentiated and market-leading customer offering
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders across the business upon whom PP Gaming have dependencies
- Be aware of ongoing developments in the responsible gambling & advertising compliance space in both retail & online environments
- Manage and develop a team around a culture of high performance.
What you’ll be doing…
- Driving P&L performance to ensure revenue and business growth targets are exceeded profitably and responsibly
- Defining and delivering a clear strategy that informs and influences the brand marketing, digital marketing, CRM, on-site and product propositions
- Commercial ownership of the marketing budget, including but not limited to; marketing planning and forecasting, maximising ROI on promotional & digital acquisition spend
- Understanding the customer behaviours and expectations for gaming products, and ensuring that the customer is central to our decision-making process
- Effectively & efficiently developing and scaling the PP Vegas offering into a marketing leading tournaments focused slots proposition
- Shaping the roadmap with Product Management to deliver market leading products & games content to customers
- Collaborating closely key internal stakeholders, including Digital marketing, Cross sell, VIP, CRM and Sportsbook commercial teams
- Working with the PP Gaming Commercial Director to deliver cost efficiencies via active portfolio management of suppliers and running a lean and efficient business
- Ensuring we drive learnings between both PP & BF products while maintaining a strong and independent identity and gaming proposition for the Paddy Power brand
- Operating as part of the PP Online Leadership team and willing to put the customer and the overall business performance over individual P&L considerations
- Training and team development – set clear objectives that align to the PP Gaming strategy for the team and ensure that all staff have development plans in place. Identify high performers and work with them to achieve objectives.
- Drives Results: gets stuck in and achieves results that impact the bottom line with high levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Customer Focus: thinks about customers 24/7, and puts them at the heart of all that we do
- Strategic Mindset: takes a long term view and anticipates future trends and implications
- Decision Quality: makes quality, long and short term decisions considering various inputs
- Collaborates: is a team player – works with others across the organisation to get things done
- Communicates Effectively: develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Being Resilient: works hard to achieve results that impact the bottom line with high levels of energy and enthusiasm navigating around obstacles that present themselves.
What’s in it for me?
- Commercial ownership of a very large P&L/ business unit within one of the UK & Ireland’s most famous betting & gaming brands
- Opportunity to lead a team of talented, driven individuals in delivering above market growth
- Influence & oversee the investment of a significant marketing budget in cutting edge campaigns across a wide spectrum of media & marketing channels
- The chance to develop and enhance strategic partnerships with top tier global gaming software providers, alongside leveraging our in-house casino games development studio, in order to build a market leading game portfolio for our customers.
What we’re looking for…
- Experience in working in a P&L or commercial ownership role
- Strong industry experience with excellent domain expertise in slots content and gaming content providers
- Strong numerical proficiency and analytical capability
- Experience in building and managing a team of high performers
- Being a strategic thinker and ability to translate strategy into actionable plans
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
…What Will I Get In Return?!
- Career Progression – 5 global brands in 3 continents = endless opportunities. We’re a FTSE 100 with a start-up soul, so if you enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, you’ll get on here. There are many directions your career can move in; whether it’s gaining promotion within your existing team, or an international move.
- Flexible Working – We play many roles in our busy lives; juggling family, fitness, work, study and community interests. Sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day. Which got us thinking. Wouldn’t it be great if we could play with time and fit in all the things that are important? Good news. You can. We have a host of flexible working options that are available to everyone at PPB.
- Uncapped Holiday Allowance – Yes, you heard that right – UNCAPPED holiday!
The Fun Stuff:
- Target 10% bonus
- Pizza & beer/wine fridge Friday
- Health & Wellbeing, with free classes such a yoga, bootcamp, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, running & cycling clubs etc.
The Boring Stuff:
- Subsidised canteen
- Pension/Flexible Financial Wellbeing
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection