Corporate Management Accountant
Being a FTSE and ISEQ listed public company can be challenging. That’s why our Finance team holds itself at the cutting edge of all the major functional disciplines, never standing still and continually innovating. Our teams are actively engaged in a diverse range of activities which include; Financial Reporting, Group Accounting, Management Accounting, FP&A, Treasury, Transaction Processing, Financial Systems & Projects, Commercial Finance & Business Partnering, Corporate Development and Investor Relations.
Imagine how being part of such a diverse yet agile team could provide you with unique opportunities to build out your skill set, and to do so all within the same organisation!
Our largest teams are located in Dublin then London, with distinct Finance teams supporting our main businesses and operating units located across three continents in the US, Europe, and Australia. This in itself creates the opportunity to move geographically within the Group or to get involved in cross-location and international assignments.
Learning is at the core of our culture. No matter how experienced you may be, our Finance team can offer you a rich environment for growth and development with an opportunity to learn from some of the best people in their fields. We support all the major accountancy bodies; ACA, ACCA, CIMA, and have successfully supported many students through their professional training qualifications. We also offer a rich curriculum of in-house and external learning which covers technical competencies and a broad range of ‘softer’ skills, such as personal impact, negotiation tactics, and building-resilience, to name just a few. This carefully crafted combination helps to create well rounded skill-sets within our team – creating the Finance professional demanded for today and for tomorrow.
Underpinned by state-of-the-art technology, for which we were the architects, engineers and implementation team, we continually drive operational improvements and efficiencies in everything we deliver – if you enjoy setting new standards in Finance then you’ve come to the right place.
Join us, and become part of a highly experienced and highly driven Finance community, with big ambition and bigger influence, operating at pace within a growing, innovative and dynamic Global Betting Group.
Reporting to the Corporate Finance Manager, the Corporate Management Accountant will assist in the production and delivery of financial and management information for Paddy Power Betfair’s Corporate functions. This role will deliver financial and management information to all internal and external stakeholders. This will include being involved in the management of specific operating expenses and the reporting of monthly results with analysis.
Additionally, this role provides finance business partnering & support to the Corporate functions including: Facilities, Finance, Legal, HR and Audit & Compliance.
Financial Reporting and Accounting:
- Assist with the production of month end numbers for corporate functions within Group Reporting deadlines.
- Operate a robust cost accruals process to ensure that costs are correctly accrued within the time constraints of a fast-close environment.
- Review all significant variances for areas of responsibility flagging key variances in advance of close.
- Standardise and automate month end tasks where possible to improve month end time lines
- Complete assigned balance sheet reconciliations within set deadlines.
- Continuously review processes and procedures in light of changes in systems and in requirements of the business.
- Support Ad hoc information requests from business owners and senior management.
- Work collaboratively with related finance teams to achieve wider finance/organisational goals.
- Proactively engage with internal and external audits.
- Support the Corporate Finance Manager, and where bandwidth exists, assist on other Group Finance Operations responsibilities and projects.
- Other tasks that may be assigned as appropriate.
Finance Business Partnership:
- Act as a Finance contact for the Corporate budget holders and their teams, reporting on & providing insight into the current & future drivers of cost, and working closely with them on all initiatives affecting on-going efficiencies and cost performance.
- Act as a contact for Corporate with the Group finance team, to ensure correct cost recognition on the P&L and balance sheet, in line with group policies.
- Develop a strong operational understanding of these functions, including how the organisations are structured, their activities, and the types of costs that make up each cost base, in order to provide valuable commentary to business and finance stakeholders.
- Maintain the focus on cost control: by ensuring appropriate control & review is maintained through approval of purchase orders, as well as creating visibility through insightful reporting & commentary to budget holders to enable control of spend.
- Assisting in delivering accurate, complete and timely monthly management accounts, with detailed tracking of accrual and pre-payment balances.
- Assisting in the delivery of detailed annual budgets and quarterly forecasting to produce a clear forward view of costs.
- Provide finance support to the business.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Part or Recently Qualified accountant.
- Proven record of consistent delivery in a similar role.
- Keen attention to detail & drive to improve quality.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Communicates – strong communicator who can deal effectively with people from a non-finance background.
- Adept at dealing with high volumes of data and comfortable in a highly automated environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a dynamic environment.
- Experience of Oracle ERP or other similar financial systems an advantage.
- Excellent MS Office skills particularly Excel.
..What Will I Get In Return?!
- Career Progression – 5 global brands in 3 continents = endless opportunities. We’re a FTSE 100 with a start-up soul, so if you enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, you’ll get on here. There are many directions your career can move in; whether it’s gaining promotion within your existing team, or an international move.
- Flexible Working – We play many roles in our busy lives; juggling family, fitness, work, study and community interests. Sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day. Which got us thinking. Wouldn’t it be great if we could play with time and fit in all the things that are important? Good news. You can. We have a host of flexible working options that are available to everyone at PPB.
- Uncapped Holiday Allowance – Yes, you heard that right – UNCAPPED holiday!
The Fun Stuff:
- Target 10% bonus
- Pizza & drinks Fridays
- Health & Wellbeing, with free classes such a yoga, bootcamp, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, running & cycling clubs etc.
The Boring Stuff:
- Subsidised canteen
- Pension/Flexible Financial Wellbeing
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection
Flexible Working Options:
1. flexible working hrs
2. ocassional working from home