Premium accounts are amongst our most sophisticated and demanding customers who are hugely valuable to the Exchange. The role of the Exchange Business and Pricing team is to manage our Premium customer cohort performance and to define and deliver the Pricing strategy for the Exchange. This team is highly results-focused and strives to work with our customers to grow the Exchange. Within this team is the Pricing and Performance team, this role sits within that function but will work very closely with the Premium Account Management team.
The Performance Analyst will have responsibility for the performance reporting of the Premium team. The analyst will create appropriate, fast and efficient reporting using their SQL and Tableau knowledge that leads the team to make data-driven decisions. The reporting requirements are both P&L/revenue reporting, commercial agreement performance and customer behaviour level assessment. They will also take responsibility for our Market Data Control, an area which is highly valuable to the business.
What you’ll be doing…
- Evaluate and understand all Premium revenue streams.
- Assisting Premium account managers to understand their customer behaviours and the impact on performance.
- Understanding and utilising multiple data sources to reach the most accurate conclusion.
- Encouraging a data-driven decision making culture with regards to all Premium decisions.
- Work closely with the Pricing team to understand what impact any agreements are having on Premium performance.
- Taking responsibility of our Market Data Control, making sure any breaches are discovered and taken care of swiftly along with leading on projects to automate this process.
Analytical – Accurate and precise in-depth analysis
- Can discover trends with in large data sets and translate the results into business recommendations.
- Can not only find the what but the why within the data.
Smart Thinker – Promotes creativity and innovation
- Commercially Savvy, understands how a lever impacts performance.
- Comes up with ideas that are new, better or unique
- Can take a business concept or idea and put it into practice
- Good technical understanding and the ability to demonstrate successful resolution of technical based operational matters.
Customer focus – Thinks about customers and puts them at the heart of all that we do
- Gains insight into customer needs and behaviour
- Identifies opportunities that benefit the customer
- Ensures opportunities that benefit customers are addressed
Drives results – Gets stuck in and achieves results with high levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Driven for results and is action oriented in approach
- Strong self-starter who can utilise their own enthusiasm and intellectual energy to quickly engage and influence
- Pursues work with energy and drive
Collaborates – Is a team player
- Partners with others across the organisation to get work done
- Gains trust and support of others
Decision quality – Makes quality long and short-term decisions
- Relies on mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement when making decisions
- Recognises when a quick 80% solution will suffice
What we’re looking for…
- Degree in a qualitative field (e.g. mathematics, statistics, economics etc).
- Strong analytical background; high numerical aptitude is required along with basic SQL skills.
- Experience using Tableau or other relevant BI tools is an advantage.
- Knowledge of online/offline sports betting an advantage.
- Understanding of the interaction between operational and commercial KPIs in an online business:
- How customers behave and how this impacts activity and profitability
- How to optimise resources to positively impact customer behaviour
- Skilled at assimilating numerous sources of information to make or change decisions
- Ability to prioritise and focus on what really matters
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the business
- Ability to build successful relationships and positively influence people.
- Team player with personal characteristics that engender trust and confidence.
…What Will I Get In Return?!
- Career Progression – 5 global brands in 3 continents = endless opportunities. We’re a FTSE 100 with a start-up soul, so if you enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, you’ll get on here. There are many directions your career can move in; whether it’s gaining promotion within your existing team, or an international move.
- Flexible Working – We play many roles in our busy lives; juggling family, fitness, work, study and community interests. Sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day. Which got us thinking. Wouldn’t it be great if we could play with time and fit in all the things that are important? Good news. You can. We have a host of flexible working options that are available to everyone at PPB.
- Uncapped Holiday Allowance – Yes, you heard that right – UNCAPPED holiday!
The Fun Stuff:
- Target 10% bonus
- Pizza & beer/wine fridge Friday
- Health & Wellbeing, with free classes such a yoga, bootcamp, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, running & cycling clubs etc.
The Boring Stuff:
- Subsidised canteen
- Pension/Flexible Financial Wellbeing
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection