****Closing date for applications 19th July****
In this role, you will lead a team of data scientists in developing and maintaining a suite of analyses, models and procedures which supports the Risk & Trading teams and aims to maximise revenue from Paddy Power Betfair’s price generation, distribution and particularly risk management. Using your numerical and technology capabilities aligned with leadership capability you will play a key role in driving the technical innovation and capability of the trading function for the Flutter group throughout the world.
This is a great opportunity for somebody who wants to work in an environment where curiosity is rewarded and people are empowered to make decisions. The ideal candidate will have an exceptional knowledge of risk management within the gaming industry and a proven track record in the application of predictive modelling in a Trading environment. Successful candidates will be tasked with a range of responsibilities aligned to offer a first-class experience for our customers. You will also have the opportunity to progress within the department or cross-functionally.
What You’ll Be Doing…
- Manage a team that delivers high-quality quantitative analysis and tools to aid more accurate pricing, optimum pricing strategy and effective risk management decisions;
- Demonstrate thought leadership and a highly innovative mindset in the application of predictive modelling to customer risk management;
- Champion a data-driven approach to solving real-world problems, including feature engineering to describe relevant customer behaviours, and prioritising data acquisition where required;
- Supervise from conception to completion large-scale, high profile projects undertaken by the team including setting timelines, oversight of ongoing work and ensuring work is completed and communicated to senior management at the highest standard;
- Manipulate large structured data sets, and use statistical and programming languages to solve real-world problems;
- Create automated decision-making systems which are demonstrably proven to add incremental revenue to the business, and outperform manual interventions;
- Develop transparent performance management reporting and metrics to track and measure the impact of automated decisioning systems;
- Be a member of the Quants Leadership Team and contribute to the strategic direction of the department with regards to innovation, new technologies and quantitative techniques;
- Drive relationships with other modelling and analytics teams throughout the PPB group with a view to optimising the development and utilisation of resource for the group;
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to effectively identify areas for improvement, and support their strategic objectives;
- Develop people within the team such that they are sought after by other functions within the business and are well positioned to take on roles in those same functions;
- Assist with hiring, training and retention of Risk & Trading Analytics team;
What We’re Looking for…
- Honours degree in a numerate or technical discipline.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a numerate/quantitative role with experience in developing statistical models and applying them in a real-world environment, preferably within the betting industry.
- Have a highly-developed technical skill-set which facilitates high-quality, efficient & comprehensive quantitative analysis;
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manipulate large data sets, through SQL or relevant querying language;
- Expertise in a relevant statistical software package (R, scipy, SPSS);
- Excellent understanding of at least one programming language (Python, C#, VBA, VB, Java);
- Experience in building and deploying machine learning models an advantage;
- Interest or experience in the gambling industry, sports or horse racing a distinct advantage
What you’ll get in return…
- Career Progression – 5 global brands in 3 continents = endless opportunities. We’re a FTSE 100 with a start-up soul, so if you enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, you’ll get on here. There are many directions your career can move in; whether it’s gaining promotion within your existing team, or an international move.
- Flexible Working – We play many roles in our busy lives; juggling family, fitness, work, study and community interests. Sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day. Which got us thinking. Wouldn’t it be great if we could play with time and fit in all the things that are important? Good news. You can. We have a host of flexible working options that are available to everyone at PPB.
- Uncapped Holiday Allowance – Yes, you heard that right – UNCAPPED holiday!
The Fun Stuff
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Pizza & Drinks Fridays
- Free classes such as Yoga, Bootcamp, Brazilian jujitsu
- running, cycling and golf clubs and lots of great events organised throughout the year by our own Ministry of Fun.
The Boring Stuff:
- Subsidised canteen
- Pension/Flexible Financial Wellbeing
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection