The Delivery Manager reports to the Senior Delivery Manager for Risk Management in Paddy Power Betfair and will manage the delivery of projects on the Trading Tribe roadmap. You will drive the evolution of team’s software delivery capability and provide an exciting and rewarding career development for your team. You understand and embrace the philosophy of Continuous Delivery, and have experience of leading teams operating within a CD culture. You don’t complain about recurring issues – you drive process change to fix the problems. You work with internal and external teams to create an agile, DevOps-centric team that builds, tests, releases and operates its own applications.
This role requires exceptional communication skills, as interaction and engagement with senior management will be a regular aspect of the role. A deep understanding of the Trading Tribe platform in Paddy Power Betfair is essential.
What you’ll be working on…
- Accountable for the delivery of technology solutions in the Trading Tribe
- Work closely with the other Trading Tribe teams to ensure alignment of roadmaps
- Work closely with Product Owners to define requirements for Trading Tribe projects
- Take responsibility for the technology solution, and remove obstacle for the team
- Liaise with the business and technology stakeholders to ensure a smooth delivery
- Play a senior role in the roll-out of lean and agile practices across the department
- Constantly up-skill the team, focusing on building knowledge and expertise around the use of modern development techniques and methodologies to expedite feature delivery
What we’re looking for…
- Strong Knowledge of Sports betting
- Hands-on experience in delivering software solutions along with experience working with third parties
- Ability to manage vendors and be the main point of contact with them for PPB
- Hands-on experience of translating agile principles into Software Development practices
- Ability to engage with senior stakeholders, both technical and non-technical to discuss and gather requirements
- Complete understanding of Continuous Delivery with a track record of team improvement through emergent and leading practices
- Strong people and project management experience with a proven ability to mentor and grow a highly productive, dynamic and technically proficient team
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years IT management within the areas of software development, quality assurance or lean methodologies
- 3rd level Information Technology qualification required
…What Will I Get In Return?!
- Career Progression – 5 global brands in 3 continents = endless opportunities. We’re a FTSE 100 with a start-up soul, so if you enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, you’ll get on here. There are many directions your career can move in; whether it’s gaining promotion within your existing team, or an international move.
- Flexible Working – We play many roles in our busy lives; juggling family, fitness, work, study and community interests. Sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day. Which got us thinking. Wouldn’t it be great if we could play with time and fit in all the things that are important? Good news. You can. We have a host of flexible working options that are available to everyone at PPB.
- Uncapped Holiday Allowance – Yes, you heard that right – UNCAPPED holiday!
The Fun Stuff:
- Target 20% bonus
- Pizza & drinks Fridays
- Health & Wellbeing, with free classes such a yoga, bootcamp, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, running & cycling clubs etc.
The Boring Stuff:
- Subsidised canteen
- Pension/Flexible Financial Wellbeing
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection