This role will be responsible for improving the Betfair International Team’s reporting and data capabilities. The successful candidate will work with commercial leads to capture reporting requirements, work with the Data and BI teams to ensure international use cases are captured and delivered, and produce bespoke reports for the International arm of the business. Assisting the International Finance business partner as the bridge between finance and commercial is also a key part of the role.
Deliverables include producing, maintaining and updating the international reporting suite, as well as using reporting output to produce monthly performance reviews.
The International business is a dynamic and growing area, requiring fast and informed analysis leading to good decisions and commercial outcomes. A key focus of the analytics team is to enable the commercial teams to have a comprehensive understanding of financial and customer metrics, to identify opportunities and issues early. Analytics and Insight also play a key part in the process of defining the priorities and direction of the International business.
What you’ll be doing…
Lead on International reporting:
- Work with commercial stakeholders to compile reporting requirements.
- Work with the BI team to get major international reporting requirements onto the BI roadmap.
- Produce agile sandbox reports when required.
- Work with the Consumer Insights team to incorporate customer insight into analytics projects.
- Act as the point person for reporting and data enquiries.
Support International Finance business partner:
- Support the International Finance business partner in modelling, data access and reporting.
- Improve access and analysis of Finance metrics.
- Produce monthly performance reviews.
Ad hoc analysis as required.
What we’re looking for…
- Strong ability in SQL & Microsoft Excel.
- Experience using Tableau or similar reporting tools is desirable.
- Knowledge of R (or equivalent) nice to have.
- Degree educated within a highly numerical/analytical field (i.e. mathematics, statistics, etc.) .
- Commercial experience in a customer-focused analytical, statistical or quantitative role.
- Ability to apply aptitude and analytical rigor to perform structured analysis of data and synthesis into useful formats and bring actionable commercial insights.
- Pro-active problem solver with flexibility to work across an open, fast-moving entrepreneurial company.
- Occasional travel between Dublin and London required.
What you’ll get in return…
- Career Progression – 5 global brands in 3 continents = endless opportunities. We’re a FTSE 100 with a start-up soul, so if you enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, you’ll get on here. There are many directions your career can move in; whether it’s gaining promotion within your existing team, or an international move.
- Flexible Working – We play many roles in our busy lives; juggling family, fitness, work, study and community interests. Sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day. Which got us thinking. Wouldn’t it be great if we could play with time and fit in all the things that are important? Good news. You can. We have a host of flexible working options that are available to everyone at PPB.
- Uncapped Holiday Allowance – Yes, you heard that right – UNCAPPED holiday!
The Fun Stuff
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Pizza & Drinks Fridays
- Free classes such as Yoga, Bootcamp, Brazilian jujitsu
- running, cycling and golf clubs and lots of great events organised throughout the year by our own Ministry of Fun.
The Boring Stuff:
- Subsidised canteen
- Pension/Flexible Financial Wellbeing
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection