The Tax Team are managed by the Tax Director who reports directly into the group’s CFO and leads a high profile tax function based in the Flutter Group’s Dublin and Hammersmith offices. The Group operates in a wide number of international locations. The Tax Team works closely with the business to manage the Group’s tax affairs.
This role will be primarily responsible for assisting the Direct Tax Team with all aspects of the Direct tax strategy for the Flutter Group. As part of your role, you will work closely with Group Finance, Group Reporting and other key stakeholders in the business such as members of the Commercial teams, as well as Finance teams in the Group’s overseas jurisdictions.
- Delivery of global tax compliance, reporting and budgetary requirements on a timely basis, including assistance and input into Australian and US filings
- Building strong relationships with tax advisors and revenue authorities, including the resolution of tax authority enquiries in the UK and overseas
- Preparation of tax calculations for external reporting purposes and supporting the Direct Tax effective tax rate management strategy set by the Tax Director
- Proactively identifying tax risks and tax saving opportunities within the group
- Work with the wider Tax team and the business to implement global tax planning projects in line with Flutter Group strategy
- Identifying the tax implications of new products and services as the Group grows to ensure they are compliant with local tax requirements
- Managing tax advisor spend across all work and ensuring in line with budget
- Communicating advice effectively and clearly to stakeholders in the business and ensuring all advice is implemented correctly and in line with the Tax team strategy
- Managing performance of the more junior members the team and their development plans
- Identifying and managing local tax issues including:
- Managing the implementation of appropriate Group transfer pricing policies and documentation.
- Proactively promoting of awareness of tax issues across the group and building relationships with key stakeholders in all jurisdictions to achieve that goal;
- Managing all Finance, HR, Legal and managed payroll service team queries
- Ensuring a close working relationship with HR to ensure the Group’s employment tax and social security obligations are met, including the identification and implementation of employment tax policies and procedures
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working in a similar environment with a proven track record in tax
- Chartered Tax Advisor. Post Qualification Experience working in tax would be an advantage.
- Strong understanding of UK tax legislation
- Understanding of general accounting principles and good commercial awareness essential
- Accountancy qualification an advantage
- Collaborates – Is a team player and works with others across the business to get things done
- Communicates Effectively – Communicate effectively across a range of channels and non finance audiences
- Nimble Learning – Is agile and flexible. Learns quickly when faced with new situations
- Drives Results – well organised and thorough, with close attention to detail and a proactive drive for continuous improvement
- Proactive – takes ownership of workstreams, ensures timely delivery to a high standard and manages expectations of stakeholders