JOB TITLE: Exchange Product Manager
REPORTING LINE: Head of Exchange Product
JOB LOCATION/OFFICE: London, Hammersmith
Reporting to the Head of Exchange Product, the Product Manager will be responsible for managing the Exchange product offering and key initiatives from product ideation through to in-life management.
Based on customer needs and business objectives, this role will be responsible for defining and managing the Exchange Product Roadmap, working in conjunction with Exchange teams and wider business stakeholders to achieve sustainable revenue growth.
You will be obsessed with how PPB customers interact with our Exchange products, using data and insights to ensure we develop a pipeline of compelling and innovative products that differentiate PPB in the minds of our customers. You will work closely with all Product teams to ensure we drive the best customer experience across all the countries we operate, as well as with the broader community of product managers across the Paddy Power, Sportsbet & TVG brands and across gaming products.
The Exchange Product Manager will:
- Work closely with departments across the business to identify drivers of customer engagement.
- Be metric obsessed, monitoring and reporting on PPB product and customer KPIs, aligned to overall PPB strategic goals
- Act as the voice of the PPB customer to clearly articulate the “why” behind the Product Strategy, working closely with the stakeholders across the business.
- Understand distinct segment personas, drivers of performance, behavioural attributes, pain points and customer journeys and use evidence to demonstrate customer needs.
- Work with the Strategy & Insights and Product Analytics teams to gather and manage product feedback through surveys, user research, customer data & analytics and A/B testing.
- Capture and translate user needs into requirements and priorities.
- Provide insights into product, technology and market trends worldwide.
Develop Exchange Product Strategy
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining the Exchange roadmap ensuring it is aligned to PPB Commercial strategy & goals.
- Liaise with Head of Exchange Product, and other Heads of Product to agree strategic development objectives for Exchange and translate into prioritised and measurable goals.
- Provide clear product direction and focus on measurable outcomes and success metrics, not solutions.
Product Lifecycle Management
- Obsess about driving positive impact to PPB through Exchange initiatives, measuring and tracking key product performance and ensuring all stakeholders across teams are aligned to product specific outcomes.
- Live and breathe evidence-based product development and day-to-day management of the Exchange customer experience.
- Be accountable for achieving Product KPIs against PPB’s strategy and outcomes.
- Drive ideation, idea harvesting and backlog prioritisation for agreed product outcomes.
- Work with customer facing, Commercial, Trading and Technical teams to identify optimisation opportunities and improve Exchange product performance.
- Co-ordinate competitor and market activity monitoring and continuously assess strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for the product.
- Lead throughout the different phases of the product lifecycle, managing product over time to continuously meet customer needs or retire products when appropriate.
- Ensure product solution design and implementation fulfils the customer outcomes each initiative is aiming to solve for.
- Ensure effective GTM planning and post-launch performance reporting capabilities are completed to maximise product launch success.
- Coordinate product launches with the Marketing & PPB P&L teams.
- With wider product management team, identify opportunities to improve launch and ongoing product management processes, forecasting, performance reports and remediation activities.
- Ensure all initiatives have defined customer needs, clearly articulated business cases and time-based success metrics that are agreed with key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define & communicate the product roadmap
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to ensure buy-in, alignment and successful delivery of the roadmap vs. success metrics.
- Develop close relationships with Exchange teams; understand operational impact of the Exchange Products – what is working well, can be improved etc.
The Product Manager, PPB will be…
- Customer Obsessed: Builds and maintains strong relationships with stakeholders; champions the needs of customers and the importance of exceeding expectations; builds and delivers solutions that exceed customer expectations; prioritises customer satisfaction and builds commitment in others to provide outstanding service
- Effective Communicator: Provides clarity on business goals; is effective in all types of communication; adjusts communication style to fit the audience; consistently communicates the mission, vision and values to inspire, energise and motivate others throughout PPB; ensures others understand how their efforts positively impact the bigger picture; creates an environment that encourages effective communication and the sharing of diverse perspectives.
- Quality Decision Maker: Makes quality, long and short-term decisions at pace considering various inputs and through collaborating effectively; provides tools to empower teams to make decisions; regularly practices and encourages cross-functional problem solving and decision making.
- Talent Focused: Demonstrates a strong commitment to the development of talent at PPB; recommends and supports development activities in preparation for future roles; invests time to coach and mentor others; builds and proactively manages development to ensure a pipeline of talent is in place; identifies and takes proactive steps to resolve current and future gaps in PPB’s talent pool and succession plan; is a talent magnet, capable of identifying, attracting, selecting and developing top talent including and not shying away from talent that goes beyond their own capabilities; finds and attracts diverse talent who have the critical capabilities needed by the organisation; works to create an organisation that is an attractive place to work
- Wins Together: Gains trust and support of others, generous with time, advice and knowledge; can establish and engage networks to get stuff done rather than depend on authority; seeks out opportunities to break down barriers and collaborate and partner across organisational boundaries
- Nimble: Is energised by new and unfamiliar situations and quickly adapts; advocates active experimentation and encourages others to be agile in their approach; is adaptable and flexible when developing others encouraging them to learn quickly when faced with new situations and be open to new ideas and ways of working; proactively shares lessons learned across the organisation.
- Hungry for Results: Drives teams in the matrix to achieve and exceed results with agility, pace and energy through high impact, bold and challenging objectives; always takes accountability for results and is able to cut across silos to make the right decisions that they and others can be proud of; proactively addresses obstacles to organisational performance and motivates others to achieve even in difficult situations; has a strong reputation with stakeholders for being trusted, fair and for doing what’s right
- Commercially Savvy: Makes it their business to be aware and anticipate emerging external factors and changing market dynamics; constantly explores and analyses future scenarios and possibilities to help PPB respond to change and shape the future; has deep understanding of business drivers and the industry to guide decisions and lead others.
- Big Thinker: Constantly explores and analyses future scenarios and possibilities to help PPB respond to change and shape the future; drives self and others to pursue opportunities that will create sustainable value for PPB; contributes to the functional and the Paddy Power Betfair strategy, mapping and aligning efforts to strategic imperatives
- Resilient: Creates a climate where people are curious, resilient, determined, learn and adapt; handles and manages crises effectively; anticipates and shows the way forward during setbacks; builds energy in others to stick with it/ to stay on track / push through.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree level education or relevant experience
- Track record of outperformance vs. peers
- Experience in digital product management
- Experience working in consumer facing online business
- Knowledge of the horse racing/sports/betting industry would be an advantage