Lead a team to exceed the targets of a multi-million euro turnover business across multiple sites. Inspire motivate and train our people to be the best they can be and deliver the Paddy Power values
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver the annual budget through close management and a focus on market growth.
- Know and understand the District’s (and each individual shop within it) financial reports in detail. Immediately identify any changes in business and take action as a result.
- Pro-actively monitor competitor activity and ensure that we are fast to respond.
- Use the knowledge of shop teams to help maintain awareness of issues within the market place.
- Take responsibility for positively managing the implementation of change and the introduction of initiatives within the area.
Planning and Organising
- Meet all personal deadlines and ensure that your District has 100% compliance to company set deadlines and responses to Head Office where required.
- Ensure smooth communication of key issues and initiatives.
- Complete monthly shop business review meetings, applying appropriate business strategy and feeding back Head Office to improve the business.
Driving the Business
- Actively acquire customers from competitors and regularly review where opportunities exist to grow market share.
- Ensure that new shop openings are delivered operationally flawlessly and that we have the strongest shop team driving the best customer experience in a new marketplace that exceeds the financial plan from day 1.
- Ensure that any customer affecting issues are dealt with immediately and have the ability to cut through obstacles that prevent this.
- Develop business links within the local community.
- Identify, plan and execute local initiatives for market growth.
- By your visible presence in shops ensure that in every marketplace where we operate the customer service offering is noticeably better than all of our competitors.
- Ensure that shop teams are delivering the brand offer to customers
- Be perfectly ‘tuned in’ to what customers are saying and what motivates them – act as a conduit for customer feedback for the Senior Management Team.
- Review district large staking customers on regular basis, focusing on service standards and trading arrangements.
- Lead, drive, energise and motivate teams to deliver the business.
- Ensure that in every marketplace where we operate we have the best people working in our shops.
- Ensure that we recruit for ‘the next role’ & develop people to be their best.
- Lead and drive shop stability, driving down reliance on relief staff and creating a strong sense of team in each shop.
- Act as a conduit for staff feedback within your District ensuring that Senior Managers and Head Office personnel have a full understanding of what is happening “on the ground.”
- Seek out talent and drive an internal development pipeline which produces the Managers of the future.
- Ensure clear performance management processes are in place, responding to both good and poor performance with specific actions plans. Pro-actively drive a performance management culture within shop teams.
- Proactively manage people issues and partner with HR to ensure seamless solutions where possible.
- Ensure that the licenses within your District are protected to the best of your ability – respond immediately to any threats to a license.
- Promote social responsibility issues within district, working with local representatives as required.
- Develop a personal network with key members of local organisations e.g. Gardai, etc
- Ensure that Health & Safety is adhered to and audits are completed as required.
- Follow up promptly to Loss Prevention and Risk Audits.
- Ensure that shops are adhering to the correct policies
- Ensure that cash systems are reconciled and issues resolved
- Actively review all controllable costs within the District and take full responsibility for the cost element of your P&L.
- Review rotas and trading patterns to ensure we offer the best possible levels of customer service whilst achieving budgets.
- Monitor shops to ensure return on investment, taking corrective action where appropriate