Senior Insights Analyst – Customer Insights team, Customer Operations
- The Customer Insights team is responsible for delivering insight and analysis to assist in the development of and implementation of improvement projects across Customer Operations that would particularly benefit customer experience and drive operational efficiency.
- The Customer Operations department includes the following teams; Customer Service, Payments, Fraud, Responsible Gambling, Gaming Operations, and VIP.
- The Customer Insights team works on driving insight across all these areas and in close collaboration with these teams.
- Utilising data to identify areas of improvement for both the customer and the business, providing insights and ideas to Senior Managers to help shape how this fast paced, evolving business operates efficiently, with benefits for the customer and the customer operations department.
- Partnering with project leads to identify relevant metrics across multiple processes and projects.
- Being a senior point of contact for the Insights team, leading them towards best insights practises.
- Measuring ROI/Impacts on changes made, turning the results into management information consumable by senior management (including Executive committee level).
- Become a subject matter expert within the business on understanding the relationship between customer interaction data and the value driven by customer operations performance data.
- Measure and analyse historical Paddy Power Betfair interaction strategies and report on trends.
- This role involves working in collaboration with various teams across the business and the ability to identify actionable insights and present analysis effectively.
- The Senior Insights Analyst will report directly into the Head of Customer Experience and Insights.
- This role will have managerial responsibility for a team of two analysts.
- This role will be critical in developing long-term capabilities for the department through advanced and innovative analytics.
- This role will be accountable for delivering the following two strategic outcomes for the Customer Insights team:
- Increase accuracy through AI and automation, reducing errors and costs.
- Develop next best action capability through proactive analytics/ predictive modelling.
- To achieve these outcomes, the Senior Analyst will need to work closely and effectively with the wider analyst community and Robotic Process Automation (RPA) team.
- This role requires the ability to independently research and communicate the value of new modelling/analytic techniques.
- The successful candidate will need to be an advocate for experimentation within and outside the team.
- The nature of this role requires frequent engagement with various teams across the business, strong communication, influencing, analytical thinking and stakeholder management skills are critical to success in this role.
- Customer Focus: Thinks about customers 24/7, and puts them at the heart of all that we do!
- Naturally inquisitive mind-set: Wants to understand behaviour, look for patterns, find great things
- Business Insights: Has a nose for business, uses insights to impact commercial drivers. Is competitive.
- Drives Results: Gets stuck in and achieves results that impact the bottom line with high levels of energy and enthusiasm.
- Collaborates: Is a team player – works with others across the organisation to get things done
- Cultivates Innovation: Always looking for new ways to ‘wow’ the customer.
- Communicates effectively: Continuously working with teams to get things done.
- Strong academic background, to degree level or above in a mathematical or scientific field.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills based on a data driven approach.
- High level of commercial acumen and a deep understanding of the key drivers of a business.
- Experience working with large complex datasets to derive insight and analysis.
- Data manipulation and extraction skills are desired using some or all of: SQL, Redshift & Aurora, Oracle DW, MS SQL Server, including advanced skills in data visualisation using SQL, Visual Studio (Microsoft BI Packages) and Tableau.
- Ability to take large swathes of information and present it to non-experts in a highly visual format.
- Great attention to detail to execute flawlessly at speed.
- Strong communication skills.
- Desire to ask questions and learn from stakeholders on their team’s operations and ways of working.
- A willingness to challenge and think differently.
- An ability to lead a pod of data analysts in driving actionable data insights throughout customer operations.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant degree qualification essential.
- 3-4 years Data Analysis and insight experience important.
- Formalised training or demonstrable strong experience in SQL important.
- Experience using Python or R is a strong advantage.
- Experience managing a team of analysts is an advantage.