The Head of Systems & Projects is responsible for leading the Flutter Group Finance Systems & Projects team. The Finance Systems and Projects team provides Systems Development & support, Project Management and Process Engineering expertise for the CFO organisation across the Flutter Entertainment group.
The role requires excellence in leadership, with proven people management skills. The successful candidate should hold significant experience in programme management, ideally in the systems development and technology integration space.
The key elements of the role involve project management and leadership, whilst also combining operational, technical and change management elements in a fast-moving environment.
These elements will be combined with a proven ability to deliver results, with and through colleagues and peers, both cross functionally and cross jurisdictionally.
Key Roles and responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of world class global finance systems for Flutter Entertainment Group
- Play a lead role in global project management ensuring projects are delivered within budget and timescales
- Provide leadership for the roll out and upgrade of Finance systems across all territories in the group. Creating an efficient, stable, scalable system infrastructure and a highly effective team, which caters to the current and expected future requirements of the group
- Responsible for all stages of projects from design through testing and post ‘go live’ support
- Support the delivery of the overall Group strategy and goals through the delivery of finance systems support and development
- Lead finance through continuous process review and controls in accordance with best practice.
- Identify and implement initiatives to deliver process efficiencies and improvements
- Attract and select diverse and high calibre people that will support Flutter CFO group
- Interacting and engaging with senior leaders across many functions ensuring their needs are met
- Be a promoter of change management
Leadership & Team management
- Plan, lead and execute on strategic deliverables identified by the business to drive change and improvements
- Provide vision/roadmap for the team and provide strategic input for the CFO function across Flutter.
- As a senior member of the Group Finance Operations leadership team, display exemplary leadership qualities consistently amongst the wider Finance team and across the organisation
- Take lead role to ensure a culture within the Finance Operations function, is one of high energy, vibrant enthusiasm and positive outlook
- Develops talent – taking the lead in developing team members proactively and continuously – maintaining and developing a high performance culture
- Build career development opportunities for staff, while ensuring adequate team cover/expertise is available through effective and regular cross training
Systems, Projects and Innovation
- Actively manage/participate in planning, implementation and tracking of specific short, mid and long-term projects from conception to implementation; develops projects plans, milestones and ensures projects are delivered on-time and on-budget
- Project management – responsible for planning, implementing and change management activities around Finance-focused projects, systems changes and technology improvements in the Finance organisation
- Working on a complex and varied workload relating to finance systems and projects
- Oversee continuous Finance process improvement and drive forward the associated initiatives
- Drive the development/improvement of the current Financial Applications – working with Finance staff to improve functionality and system processes
- Manage key third-party vendor relationships for the Finance organisation
- Build and take ownership for key relationships in the Flutter Technology function
- Lead and where necessary participate in group projects to ensure the development and implementation of best practice financial systems, reporting, processes, and procedures.
- Facilitate the integration of new businesses from a Finance perspective
- 8 years + experience across programme management and systems implementation/integration experience
- High level of technical knowledge/experience to enable relationships/support across the internal/external Technology partners
- Proven experience in development and implementation of process improvement in a similar environment
- Demonstrated experience of staff management and development
- Experience of ERP systems roll out is essential
- Expertise in process improvement, data capture and analysis, infrastructure support and compliance with procedures,
- Experience collaborating cross functionally and working directly with business users
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated problem solving skills. Proven ability to easily identify trends, troubleshoot, document, escalate, track and resolve issues. Ability to develop strategies, and implement solutions.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills including, business and functional requirements, management level presentations and proposals
- Excellent MS Office skills particularly Excel
Personal attributes and Competencies required
- High energy and drive, and flexible enough to work in an entrepreneurial, dynamic and changing environment and the resilience to challenge/be challenged
- Strong analytical and technical accounting skills and pays close attention to detail while being capable of seeing the bigger picture
- The potential to take on increasingly senior roles within the company
- Excellent team player who is hard working, flexible and able to act under pressure and on own initiative
- Strong delegator who can effectively managing the team’s workload and achieve through others
- Customer focused through identifying opportunities that benefit the customer – builds and delivers solutions that consistently meet and surpass customer expectations
- Must be effective communicator in a variety of settings: one-on-one, small and large groups and among diverse styles and position levels