The Data Product Owner owns a suite of data services. These services help stakeholders across Sportsbook, Exchange and Risk & Trading departments make commercial and trading decisions as well as allowing the analysis of our products and optimisations of same.
As one of many Data Product Owners in the Data Engagement team, you will be one of the primary points of contact for our business stakeholders across Paddy Power Betfair. Data Product Owners bridge technical and business worlds as we continually deliver data features and enhancements for our customers and enable our analyst colleagues to drive ever greater value.
The Data Product Owner works with Data Architects and Data Delivery teams based in our office in Cluj, Romania. This role will be based in our Dublin office and will require regular travel to our offices in Hammersmith and Cluj.
The Data team work in a scrum agile fashion with a focus on iteration and early value release.
- Product own a data product backlog for a given business area
- Collaborate with stakeholders to prioritise the work of the scrum team understanding the business drivers underpinning data requirements that will drive prioritisation and investment decisions.
- Impact assess downstream systems and processes changes of new product features. Support estimation of effort to deliver same.
- Champion data initiatives in the business and promote the art of the possible for leveraging data across PPB. Seeking input from external and internal stakeholders and determining return on investment, defining product requirements, vision, and working with data technology teams to implement and iterate.
- Proactive and energetic stakeholder engagement built upon strong personal relationships and deep understanding of what the business seeks to achieve through data to create a vision and roadmap for data product
- Drive data delivery acceptance and adoption within business units and ensure new data, features and capabilities are understood and exploited
- A gifted communicator – strong interpersonal skills; quick to build rapport with an ability to influence without authority
- Creative thinker backed by strong analytical and problem solving skills in the data domain.
- Commercially savvy
- Attention to detail
- Ability to shift context quickly and move at pace
- Experience in data solution management, throughout the entire development and software delivery lifecycle
- Knowledge and experience of working with Scrum agile delivery methods
- Decision making; Ability to manage competing demands for limited resources
- Gambling industry understanding and interest
- Consulting and presentation skills
- Knowledge of data industry and sector best practice; Demonstrated interest and exposure to big data and Machine Learning solutions
- Ability to assimilate, sort and aggregate complex information quickly