***Closing date for applications Friday 15th November***
In Retail HR we are constantly looking ahead. Not only do we ensure we keep pace with the business direction, we ensure we have maximum input in shaping the business direction.
People underpin all retail activity. We excel in keeping the lights on with operational, tactical and transactional activity and are also working to achieve the following key objectives:
- Hiring, developing and retaining the best shop managers and teams in the sector
- Creating an environment that maximises potential
- Supporting our people to deliver their best
We are hardworking, collaborative and innovative and we have fun doing something we love.
Who you are…
The L&D Manager champions Learning and Development within the business by designing effective and scalable L&D initiatives and delivering comprehensive training programmes that build the capabilities of the Retail Business. These programmes include Product Launches, ‘Academies’ and On-boarding programmes. The role, through the management of a UK and Irish L&D team, will support business performance through strong alignment to the overall company strategy. The Learning and Development team will be responsible for supporting over 3000 employees split amongst our 600+ shops.
What you’ll be doing…
- Leads the design of innovative development programmes and establishes a development infrastructure to support learning, including career paths/maps, capability frameworks
- Fosters development of a technologically innovative learning culture across the organisation, to facilitate learning and improve capability
- Continually checks the learning and development strategy, infrastructure and offering is appropriate to the evolving organisational needs and context
- Establishes systems and processes to ensure that staff are adequately trained and regularly retrained in legislative requirements
- Leads the learning and development agenda with passion to inspire creation of a culture that encourages individual and organisational learning
- Facilitates leadership learning events and workshops, delivering content as appropriate
- Supports and coaches managers to build leadership competence
- Assesses the capability and capacity of current leaders against the requirements for the organisation’s future challenges
- Works in partnership with senior management to implement and embed talent management processes
- Champions the business case for learning and development investment and continually seek ways to improve learning activity
- Leads local L&D teams in the UK and Ireland
What we’re looking for….
- Influence – you engage and influence decision-making of key stakeholders to gain support for learning and development initiatives to add value to the organisation
- Results oriented – you build a high performance culture, setting ambitious goals, holding yourself and others accountable for results
- Communication – you are an exceptional communicator, with the ability to deliver clear messages at any level of the organisation
- Creative – you think outside the box and develop new and innovative learning and development initiatives to meet the needs of your learners and the business
- Collaborative – you can work on your own initiative or with others, knowing when to use either strategy
- Analytical – you use data to influence key decision makers and demonstrate the return on investment of learning and development initiatives
- Leadership – you are seen as a credible voice for L&D and a role model. You can adapt your management style to achieve optimum results with various people and situations
Your experience & qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience in Learning & Development
- Extensive experience, designing and delivering programmes for both a non-managerial and managerial population, including behavioural, functional and technical skills development
- Evidence of implementing creative and ‘on brand’ development initiatives
- Involved in driving development activity within competency-based frameworks
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience line management.
- Experience of implementing and driving e-Learning solutions.
- Degree in Business/HR/Education and/or relevant professional qualifications (e.g. CIPD, IITD)