The Associate HR Business Partner will collaborate with colleagues across the HR team to deliver a people strategy that ensures the attraction and retention of amazing and diverse talent who work together as a team to deliver the strategic outcomes of the European function.
The Associate HR Business Partner will serve as point of contact for employees and people managers, providing counsel with regards to optimising organisational structures, employee communications and employee relations. In addition, the Associate HR Business Partner will support the delivery of key people processes, including performance management and diversity and inclusion.
- Ensuring the highest levels of compliance with BAU HR processes and policies
- Driving team effectiveness, through both one-on-one coaching, change management and a communications strategy that centres around i) a consistent and cohesive culture, ii) the PPB values and iii) the PPB employer value proposition
- Supporting the establishment and embedding of requisite ways of working and behaviours to ensure the PPB outcome-led operating model is a success
- Supporting the establishment and embedding of an approach to employee engagement (both at a functional and local level) that stands the PPB function out as an innovator and an employer of choice for all current and would be employees
- Championing the talent agenda to ensure that PPB is set up to attract, develop and retain the highest-calibre individuals (including succession planning, talent interventions, remuneration planning, etc.) Supporting the business in identifying talent development opportunities and retention risks through succession planning, talent reviews and the performance management process
- Providing input to organisation design to ensure that the structure of the PPB function enables the achievement of customer centric, commercial outcomes
- Embedding our performance management and competency frameworks to ensure development of future proofing capabilities
- Strong commercial management of people costs and people risks across the function
- Using people data to deliver key insights and identify trends and measure success of actions. Interpret data analysis to support decision making and drive future action
- Supporting mid- level hiring and ensuring delivery of effective end-to-end recruitment processes across functions
- Building strong relationships with leaders and teams within the business globally to enhance overall individual, team & organisational performance
- Provide HR advice on people issues, organizational design, change and HR product needs
- Driving the people strategy and supporting effective implementation of HR initiatives
- Coaching managers in building their teams, adhering to policies and procedures, living the values and modelling leadership behaviours
- Manage employee relations issues to ensure swift, pragmatic and commercially sound resolution mitigating risk. Identify trends and business impact and recommending corrective action
- Promoting an understanding of HR systems, policy and procedure while adopting a pragmatic and business focused approach
- Support and develop line managers in driving a performance culture through coaching
- Provide expert input in terms of Maltese employment legislation, policies and practices
- Ensure all global policies and procedures are adjusted to the local legislation and effectively implemented
- Deliver on business-critical HR related projects
- Talent Focused: Demonstrates a strong commitment to the development of talent at PPB; recommends and supports development activities in preparation for future roles; invests time to coach and mentor others; builds and proactively manages development to ensure a pipeline of talent is in place; identifies and takes proactive steps to resolve current and future gaps in PPB’s talent pool and succession plan; is a talent magnet, capable of identifying, attracting, selecting and developing top talent including and not shying away from talent that goes beyond their own capabilities; finds and attracts diverse talent who have the critical capabilities needed by the organisation; works to create an organisation that is an attractive place to work
- Effective Communicator: Provides clarity on business goals; is effective in all types of communication; adjusts communication style to fit the audience; consistently communicates the mission, vision and values to inspire, energise and motivate others throughout PPB; ensures others understand how their efforts positively impact the bigger picture; creates an environment that encourages effective communication and the sharing of diverse perspectives.
- Quality Decision Maker: Makes quality, long and short-term decisions at pace considering various inputs and through collaborating effectively; provides tools to empower teams to make decisions; regularly practices and encourages cross-functional problem solving and decision making.
- Hungry for Results: Drives teams in the matrix to achieve and exceed results with agility, pace and energy through high impact, bold and challenging objectives; always takes accountability for results and is able to cut across silos to make the right decisions that they and others can be proud of; proactively addresses obstacles to organisational performance and motivates others to achieve even in difficult situations; has a strong reputation with stakeholders for being trusted, fair and for doing what’s right
- Commercially Savvy: Makes it their business to be aware and anticipate emerging external factors and changing market dynamics; constantly explores and analyses future scenarios and possibilities to help PPB respond to change and shape the future; has deep understanding of business drivers and the industry to guide decisions and lead others.
- Customer Obsessed: Builds and maintains strong relationships with stakeholders; champions the needs of customers and the importance of exceeding expectations; builds and delivers solutions that exceed customer expectations; prioritises customer satisfaction and builds commitment in others to provide outstanding service
- Nimble: Is energised by new and unfamiliar situations and quickly adapts; advocates active experimentation and encourages others to be agile in their approach; is adaptable and flexible when developing others encouraging them to learn quickly when faced with new situations and be open to new ideas and ways of working; proactively shares lessons learned across the organisation.
- Wins Together: Gains trust and support of others, generous with time, advice and knowledge; is able to establish and engage networks to get stuff done rather than depend on authority; seeks out opportunities to break down barriers and collaborate and partner across organisational boundaries.
- Resilient: Creates a climate where people are curious, resilient, determined, learn and adapt; handles and manages crises effectively; anticipates and shows the way forward during setbacks; builds energy in others to stick with it/ to stay on track / push through.
- Experience of having worked as a HR Business Partner/Support Partner in a fast paced environment
- Experience of managing change programmes
- Experience of stakeholder management
- A good understanding of technology