The Paddy Power Commercial team is responsible for the overall revenue for the Sports and Gaming products across PaddyPower.com. The team is tasked with ensuring that performance trends are understood, learnings are leveraged and that the propositions of both brands are delivered consistently. The team works closely with multiple stakeholders and teams around the business to ensure delivery of these objectives.
The Gaming Performance Team forms part of the Performance & Analytics team within Paddy Power Commercial.
Gaming Performance responsibilities include tracking and interpreting commercial performance, analysing and identifying new opportunities and efficiencies for the Paddy Power Gaming business.
- They will become the subject matter expert in Gaming products and will leverage their expertise to develop compelling propositions that drive sustainable revenue growth.
- The successful candidate will have an opportunity to influencing our strategy to drive performance of the PP Gaming business. They will own key stakeholder relationships with Gaming Commercial Team and will have significant exposure to senior management across the organisation.
What you’ll be doing…
Gaming Performance Manager will act as a key leader within the Performance & Analytics team and will have people management of 2 x full time Performance Analysts. The team will perform analysis of customer behaviours and journeys – why they do what they do and what impact this has on business performance. This will include:
- Succinctly describe the Gaming P&L performance and quickly identify concerns, communicating these to senior stakeholders on a regular basis
- Performing ad-hoc deep dive analysis on customer activity and behaviour to understand how it impacts on commercial performance and providing recommendations on how we can improve performance
- Understanding our operational levers, including pricing and promotions, how they impact on customer behaviour and how we can adjust customer activities
- Working with the wider PP Commercial team to identify areas for deeper analysis considerations or input towards strategic projects
- Work with Data Science Team to ensure the right customer insights are fed into statistical models to predict customer activities and allow intervention to improve customer experience and revenues
- Manage the workload of the 2 x analysts to ensure most efficient throughput of work. Ensure that team member is challenged and stretched but have the appropriate tools in place to thrive. Manage performance of the team to ensure that potential is fulfilled.
- Strategic Mindset: takes a long-term view and anticipates future trends and implications
- Drives Results: gets stuck in and achieves results that impact the bottom line with high levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Collaborates: is a team player – works with others across the organisation to get things done
- Customer focus: Thinks about customers 24/7, and puts them at the heart of all that we do
What we’re looking for..
- Must have a successful track record of making things happen in each of the following areas:
- Working closely with stakeholders to identify issues and solutions
- Providing an excellent service to business users;
- Creating a proven, significant uplift in business performance
- A successful track record as an analyst in a high volume, data-rich, complex business, including understanding of data and analytical technical infrastructure is desirable
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Naturally inquisitive mind-set: wants to understand behaviour, look for patterns, find great things
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant 3rd level degree in a business, financial or analytical discipline
- 3+ years’ experience of delivering great results in a commercial role
- High intellectual capability and a passion for finding solutions to complex problems
- Have a track record of producing or interpreting insights that influence senior decision makers and other stake holders
- Team player with personal characteristics that engender trust and confidence
- Must have a highly numeric/analytical degree from a quality establishment
- Must have an good understanding of the financial and operational KPIs upon which business decisions are based and against which strategic success is measured
- Ideally will have experience within and a passion for the industry, our products and a good understanding of how other functional teams operate
- Should have experience in managing and developing high performing analysts
…What Will I Get In Return?!
- Career Progression – 5 global brands in 3 continents = endless opportunities. We’re a FTSE 100 with a start-up soul, so if you enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, you’ll get on here. There are many directions your career can move in; whether it’s gaining promotion within your existing team, or an international move.
- Flexible Working – We play many roles in our busy lives; juggling family, fitness, work, study and community interests. Sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day. Which got us thinking. Wouldn’t it be great if we could play with time and fit in all the things that are important? Good news. You can. We have a host of flexible working options that are available to everyone at PPB.
- Uncapped Holiday Allowance – Yes, you heard that right – UNCAPPED holiday!
The Fun Stuff:
- Target 10% bonus
- Pizza & drinks Fridays
- Health & Wellbeing, with free classes such a yoga, bootcamp, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, running & cycling clubs etc.
The Boring Stuff:
- Subsidised canteen
- Pension/Flexible Financial Wellbeing
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection