Technical Support Agent – Retail IT
- Providing 1st line helpdesk support to the retail estate;
- Maintaining a very high standard of customer service;
- Investigating and resolving as many incidents as possible, taking ownership of issues, co-ordinating multiple support teams when required, and communicating effectively to users throughout;
- Taking responsibility for logging all reported incidents, and contributing to root cause analysis in order to improve service on an ongoing basis.
Skills & Experience Required:
- 2+ years in a similar fast paced, results-driven Helpdesk / Desktop Support role
- Efficient skills in supporting Microsoft products including Windows 7, Windows 10, Active Directory, Exchange 2003/2010, Outlook 2003/2007 and Multiple Web browsers;
- Working technical knowledge of the PC platform – hardware, software, network and operating systems.
- Demonstrate a mastery of critical thinking, verbal and written communication, active listening and conflict resolution skills.
- Attention to the client, interaction and ability to collect information are required to understand quickly the client’s needs.
- Excellent methodology in fault-finding and following up
- Ability to prioritise and focus
- Ability to work on own initiative but also ability to establish good working relationship within team, the business and other IT groups that come into daily contact with.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Knowledge of Linux command line will be an advantage.
- Betting industry experience would be viewed very positively
What do you get as an employee @ Paddy Power Betfair? Have a look below!
- Full personal medical insurance with Irish Life
- Pension of 5%
- Uncapped holiday allowance (Unlimited holidays) *
- 3-month sabbaticals after a minimum 12 months service
- Flex working environment #FlexAppeal
- Soft benefits (tax saver schemes, bike to work scheme, subsidized canteen& barista and ministry of fun social club)
- Life assurance of 4x base salary-Long term sick cover-Income protection scheme
- Company share scheme #Flexappeal @ PPB
What do we mean by #FlexAppeal?
We all play many different roles in our lives, whether it’s as a career, training for a big sporting event, or going back to school to learn something new. Sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day, so wouldn’t it be great if you could tweak your hours? That’s exactly why we’ve launched our new flexible working options. We make sure everyone at PPB knows about the flexible working opportunities available and feels confident to ask for them. So, whether you’ve just returned from maternity leave or are studying for your masters, we’ll help you find out how to make it work for you. Your Way.
Uncapped annual leave @ PPB
It’s exactly what it says on the tin! Work hard, Play hard. At Paddy Power Betfair, we recognise that employees work hard to get the results we drive for, and with that comes the need to unwind and recharge, in order to promote positive health and wellbeing. With the introduction of uncapped holiday allowance, we want to move away from traditional restrictions on leave and ensure work is working for both of us. Performance is what matters, not the hours that are worked, and we trust our employees to ensure that they balance work and life and the business priorities.