Working within the third line of defence, the Flutter Entertainment Internal Audit function is a Group-wide function responsible for delivering the annual internal audit plan, promoting effective internal controls and risk management and providing guidance to the business on all aspects of internal audit, governance, risk management and business process improvements. After our recently completed merger with The Stars Group, the function now operates across our divisions which include PaddyPowerBetfair, SkyBet, FanDuel, Sportsbet and Stars Group which span the globe.
Internal audit’s key roles are to provide an independent opinion on the suitability of the risk management framework and approach and to provide objective assurance that the risks in the business are being appropriately managed and that controls are operating as expected.
Given the recent merger, an opportunity has arisen for a Senior IT Auditor to join the team at this exciting time for the company.
What You’ll Be Doing…
- Planning, preparation and completion of the assigned IT audit plan in accordance with defined quality standards and deadlines
- Setting and promoting high standards of audit work and ensuring high standard quality audit reports are delivered on a consistent basis
- Communicating and reporting audit findings to management
- Monitoring management’s responses and implementation of agreed management actions
- Ensuring effective business changes are introduced as a result of audit findings.
- Continuously communicating with Internal Audit Management on the progress of audit assignments
- Working as a partner to the business in identifying significant process and structure improvements to assist the business in meeting its corporate objectives
- Suggesting beneficial changes to audit methodologies and procedures
- Liaising with external auditors as required
- Supporting submissions to the audit committee and addressing their queries
- Working with the Head of IT Audit, Director of Internal Audit, internal audit colleagues and other Heads of business units, including Technology, Commercial and Marketing to improve corporate governance, risk management and internal control
- Building strong professional relationships with peers and management in the business
- Analysing large amounts of data to make informed conclusions using CAATs
- Providing value-adding advice and expertise on various aspects of risk management to all departments within Group
What We’re Looking For…
- Educated to degree level. Additional IT Audit (CISA) or IT Security (CISM, CISSP) qualifications required
- Minimum of 5 years audit experience in enterprise environments – previous experience of the gambling sector would be advantageous but is not essential
- Advanced understanding of IT general controls (e.g. security, change management, disaster recovery, backup, data centre, infrastructure, etc.)
- Competent knowledge of IT and Information Security operations, policies and procedures in areas such as Windows Active Directory, Unix/Linux, databases Knowledge of cloud architecture (AWS, GCP or Azure), operational frameworks and security controls would be beneficial
- Ability to identify issues and associated risks, and provide practical solutions to a wide range of audit issues
- Capability to understand the complex regulatory environment in the gambling sector
- An understanding or awareness of COBIT ISO 270001, PCI DSS and ITIL would be beneficial
- Experience of an IT line role would be advantageous but is not essential
- Experience or aptitude for using data analytics tools and techniques in an audit role would be a distinct advantage
- Candidate required to occasionally travel to Europe, Australia and USA.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Desirable Personal Attributes & Competencies:
- Ability to influence change at all levels of management
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Ability to communicate (both written and verbal) to all levels of management and write meaningful reports and presentations
- The ability to develop and establishing strong working relationships
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to delivering quality results in line with audit timelines
- Highly motivated, proactive and able to work on own initiative
- Teamwork including training of team members in aspects of IT audit and CAATs
…What Will I Get In Return?!
- Career Progression – 5 global brands in 3 continents = endless opportunities. We’re a FTSE 100 with a start-up soul, so if you enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, you’ll get on here. There are many directions your career can move in; whether it’s gaining promotion within your existing team, or an international move.
- Flexible Working – We play many roles in our busy lives; juggling family, fitness, work, study and community interests. Sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day. Which got us thinking. Wouldn’t it be great if we could play with time and fit in all the things that are important? Good news. You can. We have a host of flexible working options that are available to everyone at PPB.
- Uncapped Holiday Allowance – Yes, you heard that right – UNCAPPED holiday!
The Fun Stuff:
- Target 10% bonus
- Pizza & beer/wine fridge Friday
- Health & Wellbeing, with free classes such a yoga, bootcamp, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, running & cycling clubs etc.
The Boring Stuff:
- Subsidised canteen
- Pension/Flexible Financial Wellbeing
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection