Context & Purpose of the Role
The merger of Flutter and Stars Groups, creates the largest online gaming company in the world, and a FTSE 40 listed Group.
The transaction will add significant breadth and complexity to the remit of the Finance Business Intelligence and Analytics Team, creating an exciting opportunity to join the department to develop and deliver a coherent business intelligence strategy globally, ensuring financial metrics are defined accurately and consistently.
The role will be central to shaping the data platforms and analysis/reporting tools used, taking a strategic view which must be communicated and disseminated throughout Finance and the wider organisation. Understanding how raw data can be transformed to create and deliver financial metrics (conforming to all local accounting rules and regulations) in a timely and appropriate manner is key.
Interpersonal skills are essential to build productive relationships with stakeholders at all levels and a constant dialogue is maintained with the Data Teams to ensure underlying data is complete and accurate. Managing stakeholder requests and expectations, combined with the ability to influence, will be vital as part of this. The successful candidate will also be expected to proactively manage their own workload, identifying opportunities for efficiency and automation.
- Lead the strategic design and maintenance of business intelligence applications globally.
- Display exemplary leadership qualities consistently amongst the wider Finance team and across the organisation
- Build and own data definitions behind financial metrics. Be a driving force in ensuring consistent use of these throughout the Flutter Group.
- Manage and develop direct reports and provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members.
- Liaison with core Finance Teams to ensure statutory requirements are met; provision of information for external auditors as necessary.
- Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to develop data warehouse design and configuration.
- Act as key link between the Data team and the business; cultivate relationships to ensure all points of view can be understood and considered.
- Understand and lead discussions on the appropriate use of reporting and data visualisation applications throughout the business.
- Use ETL tools to automate data storage and look for opportunities to streamline and harmonise processes.
- Act as Tableau site and Accurate administrator.
- Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes.
Skills & Experience
- Strong educational background
- Skilled at SQL writing, modelling and querying relational databases.
- Understanding of Financial terms and definitions. Formal accountancy training is desirable.
- Experience with BI reporting and data visualisation solutions (Qlik, Tableau, etc.).
- Knowledge of ETL tools.
- An interest in sports and betting
- Professional and positive approach, combined with good time management, organisational and multi-tasking skills.
- Proactivity and innovation – capacity to take the initiative to identify improvements in process and assist management in implementation.
- Communication skills are important, with the ability to communicate both within the team and to members of the wider business both essential.
- Flexible, enjoying a frequently changing and fast paced environment