This role will support the roll-out of Oracle eBusiness Suite (Financials) across the group combined with providing support to the existing Oracle teams BAU functional requirements.
The role involves the following duties and responsibilities:
- Functional Specification design for projects (primarily the global roll-out), process improvements and ad hoc requirements for Oracle eBusiness suite in the core financials modules.
- Design and develop integrations between Oracle and 3rd party applications.
- Developing data migration strategies to support the migration of master and transaction data across all modules.
- Design automated loaders where required to support the migration of data to the application.
- Gather requirements for changes to the application, business processes and policies.
- Engage with the business to develop and validate solutions that meet their requirements.
- Create test plans, test cases, test scripts and perform functional testing.
- Offer technical support to internal users, investigating issues, creating resolutions and working with the technical teams to provide fixes.
- Recommend system improvements to leverage Oracle applications functionality for the Finance Team.
- Understand and modify Application Configuration as required (includes system setups, flex-fields, workflow builder, custom library, profile options etc.).
- Create and maintain system documentation and approvals.
- Occasional support of other non-Oracle applications
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge & experience:
- Oracle functional support and analysis expert, with technical knowledge of Oracle Financials to be able to work closely and advise technical teams and specialists.
- Excellent understanding of core Oracle application financial modules, including: General Ledger (GL), Accounts Receivable (AR), Accounts Payable (AP), Fixed Assets (FA) and Cash Management (CM) as well as iExpenses, iProcurement.
- Knowledge of Tax implementation and integration with Oracle ebusiness-Tax
- In depth experience in Oracle Financials configuration and set-up.
- Knowledge of software development and support methodologies.
- Experience in the production of implementation and testing documentation.
- Understanding of how third-party applications interface with Oracle, ability to design two-way sharing of data between Oracle and non-Oracle applications
- Knowledge and familiarity in underlying Oracle ERP applications database architecture, as well as Oracle database and development tools (SQL, Forms, Reports etc).
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience working in an Oracle Support and Oracle Consulting roles.