Insight Executive, Market & Competitor
Reporting into the Insight Manager Market & Competitor, this role will be responsible for delivering world-class competitor and market insight to the Commercial teams. Working closely with the other teams within Strategy & Insights, it will be important to combine data from a variety of different sources to provide a comprehensive view of the competition and the market. The scope of the role will include UK, Ireland and International markets (with priority given to regulated markets) and will cover both Online (Sportsbook, Exchange and eGaming) and Retail where appropriate. Acting as the “market guru”, this individual will be responsible for supporting the Insight Manager to identify areas of opportunity which the business can tap into. To achieve this it will be key to engage with senior stakeholders across the business providing best in class analysis and deliver actionable recommendations across all relevant products and geographies.
The team will work closely with other analytical functions within the business looking to establish identify key market trends, where profit opportunities exist and highlight company performance strengths and weaknesses in relation to the market. This role offers great potential to acquire and develop new skills, obtain niche expertise and build integral relationships across the wider organisation.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Act as the “market guru”, who is informed about the key activities of competitors and is constantly on top of any major developments / news in the industry.
- Be fully versed in the how the betting and gaming industry operates across each market, as well as what are the main levers that influence competitive advantage within each product and channel.
- Provide market and competitor intelligence to commercial teams in Retail, UK&I and International, ensuring awareness of industry developments and what they mean for PPB
- Deliver rigorous analysis that evaluates the strategic opportunities available within the marketplace
- Work closely with both the UK & Ireland, and International & Retail market insight teams with regards brand tracking and establishing the gaps within the market place between perceived advantage and actual performance. With a view to establishing the best in class and high performers, so as to disseminate learnings that will enable stakeholders to address and identify impactful measures that are driven by key performance indicators.
- Lead competitor tracking in order to provide actionable inputs into market sizing / share models e.g. bet count, registrations, perspective on competitor promo spend and seek to automate and warehouse this data for efficient and accessible use by the market insight teams as well as for other parts of the organisation
- Work closely with the relevant parts of the organisation to build a holistic view of competitor positioning from marketing efficiency, pricing strategy, content advantage, feature set and unique selling points
- This role will be a data driven role but will require unearthing novel and pertinent data sources to build hypothesis driven analysis. It will also need a keen mind that can be build logical theoretical assumptions to bridge data gaps.
- Where appropriate, interrogate customer databases to help provide additional data to validate 3rd party data and market trends.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to proactively identify key opportunities for further investigation and help stakeholders to define and refine business questions to be answered.
- Work in collaboration with other Strategy & Insights teams to overlay market and competitor information with behavioural data and customer survey data to provide richer, more in-depth analysis.
Skills / Technical Competencies:
- Excellent analytical skills
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving capabilities
- Data literate and is comfortable both with working with large amounts of data as well as making assumptions where there may be gaps in data availability.
- The ability to distil large amounts of information into actionable recommendations
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ideally a competent user of data analysis software packages such as SPSS, R and SQL.
- Strong learning abilities that can adapt to a fast paced and evolving role.
Education, Qualification & Experience:
- Proven track record of developing and presenting impactful customer and business based insight from a combination of different data sources.
- Previous experience of working with customer behavioural data would be preferable.
- A desire for a role which you can grow into, with the opportunity to do more strategic projects over time.
- Willingness to learn new technical skills.
- Ability and desire to work in a dynamic, fast paced, demanding environment.
- Regular travel may be required between Dublin and London, as well as potentially to international markets.