The Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer is a senior member of the Paddy Power Betfair security team, reporting to the Infrastructure Security Manager.
The role has a global responsibility and will be required to work with the Infrastructure Security Manager to define the strategy for running and improving the approach to infrastructure security. This role will also be required to define and run with initiatives to continually improve our security processes and technologies.
The successful candidate should expect frequent travel to Dublin and our near shore location in Porto or Cluj.
- Provide security guidance, consultation and direction on key projects and initiatives
- Act as the security point of contact for key projects
- Provide and engineer security requirements into the operations and engineering functions
- Own and deliver pieces of work to design and engineer new security services, or enhancements to existing services
- In a consultative manner, plan, lead, and contribute to the implementation of security solutions, based on agreed designs.
- Provide management leadership to team members that span multiple concurrent projects
- Support the infrastructure security manager as the expert in Paddy Power Betfair infrastructure security
- Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls to known risks and threats
- Work with the wider technology teams to define infrastructure security standards and policies
- Participate in incident response and analysis when required
- Create and drive adoption of infrastructure security standards and policies
- Broad experience of infrastructure security core disciplines such as vulnerability management, intrusion detection and log management.
- In-depth knowledge of networking, preferably including experience with software defined networking.
- Strong technical knowledge of operating system security (Linux/Unix and Windows).
- Understanding of cloud architectures and cloud security principles\best practices.
- Previous experience of an online, high transactional, low latency environments.
- Strong communication skills (written, oral, presentations) when dealing with varying levels of seniority within the organisation.
- In-depth experience in approaches to securing corporate and production infrastructure.
- Technical expert who can define infrastructure security standards and hardening methodologies.
- Ability to evaluate and select control technologies / methodologies and monitor their effectiveness.
- Knowledge of IT Security best practices and standards (such as CIS, PCI DSS, etc.).
- The ability to design and engineer infrastructure security solutions.
- Be able to work with architects, engineers and operations to develop secure solutions.
- Work with teams to provide solutions, not problems. Use a risk-based, consultative approach to help accountable individuals identify and assess security risks and recommend whether or not the risks are acceptable.
- Ability to work with a low level of supervision, and can be relied upon to deliver good quality results by agreed deadlines.
Commercial acumen: Knows how the business works and how the organisation makes money and stays competitive. Encourages diverse thinking to promote and nurture innovation. Articulates credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value.
Ability to drive change: Talks about the future possibilities in a positive way
Creates milestones and symbols to rally support behind the vision
Articulates the vision in a way everyone can relate to. Creates organisation wide energy and optimism for the future
Business engagement and relationship management: Works cooperatively and partners with other across the organisation to get work done. Uses knowledge of business drivers to guide actions