Casino Marketing Manager
Reporting to the Head of Casino, the Casino Marketing Manager will be responsible for the ideation, planning, co-ordination and analysis of all campaign & promotional activity across Paddy Power & Betfair Casino brands.
An essential element of this role will be to define and deliver against a marketing strategy for both brands that combines both the efficiency of the scale of a dual brand P&L, with the need to deliver differentiated customer propositions in a crowded on-line casino marketplace. Creative thinking on how to drive revenue and customer growth will be required so a strategic and creative mind and an ability to translate ideas into action is key.
- The person in this role is the starting point for the creative thinking going into the marketing strategy and campaign plans for all customer segments (incl. VIP) in the Paddy Power & Betfair Casino business units
- Deliver best in class marketing campaigns across two brands, through efficient and value-adding investment of a large marketing budget; covering all opportunities within the sporting calendar and the product roadmap
- Lead collaboration between the Casino team and internal Product, Operations, International, Performance, CMO & Cross-sell teams
- Feed into the product development strategy, stay abreast of the roadmap for delivery of new product, and to incorporate these new products/ features into effective go-to-market plans which will drive revenue growth
- Support the delivery of key projects to completion by engaging with cross-functional stakeholders to deliver the desired outcome
- Undertaking analysis and providing insight into specific changes for all stages of the customer lifecycle to enable efficient decision making and identify trends in consumer behaviour
- Ensuring the on-going efficiency of marketing spend across all customer segments and at various stages of the customer lifecycle to ensure optimal ROI
- Staying constantly abreast of industry and competitor activities to ensure that we are staying ahead of the game
- Leadership and coaching skills will be critical to ensure the team functions well and all team members are motivated to deliver their goals and have clear development plans
- Be the champion of the Casino function internally, engaging the wider business and getting buy in from all stakeholders to drive the product forward
- Stakeholder management & influencing skills: Is comfortable operating at pace to a high standard despite requiring the involvement of multiple stakeholders across multiple countries in order to deliver results. Actively builds a network of effective relationships across Paddy Power Betfair. Can get things done both through formal channels and informal networks.
- Strategic thinking: Has the ability to manage return on investment versus return on effort, and to prioritise accordingly
- Leadership & teamwork: A proven leader of teams that can motivate and get the best out of people, whilst simultaneously being capable of being a cross-functional team player
- Driving results: A highly motivated self-starter, with a proven track record of driving commercial growth through flawless execution of a robust marketing strategy in a fast paced, results-driven environment
- Analytical thinking: Highly analytical, good attention to detail and excellent problem solver with a flair for identifying trends.
- Customer focus: Dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations of external and internal customers. Customer-centric, thinks and acts with the customer in mind
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Creative thinking in developing a rolling calendar of campaigns targeting a variety of customer segments and preferences. Experienced in marketing at a micro level (extremely personalised, targeted marketing campaigns)
- Project, process and time management skills enabling campaigns are consistently delivered on time and to spec despite various disparate stakeholders and work streams
- Strong reporting and data analysis skills to identify key insights, value creation opportunities and process or performance improvements, which are all subsequently deployed back into the campaign planning process
- Strong report writing and presentation skills with excellent knowledge of presentation tools
- Demonstrable knowledge of and interest in the real money gaming landscape of suppliers & competitors
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in an e-commerce or m-commerce environment
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a B2C Marketing role
- Experience in personnel management essential
- Previous experience of working with Playtech / IMS desirable