Security Graduate Programme
Why Our Graduate Programmes are Unique
At Paddy Power Betfair, we understand that to stay ahead of the game, you’ve got to have top talent. That’s why we’ve designed our graduate programmes to accommodate different ambitions and learning styles.
The Security Team
Security is accountable for all aspects of security governance and security operations across PPB. The department plays a core role in helping PPB to produce products and services that are secure as well as innovative, and also to secure customer data and PPB’s own information and systems. In order to do this we need positive, resourceful, entrepreneurial individuals that will help foster a security culture throughout the organization and thereby contribute to PPB’s sustainable competitive advantage.
- The Infrastructure Security Team provide infrastructure security architecture and engineering services to support business and IT projects.
- The Development Security Services Team provides application security assessments to help protect Betfair.com from cyber-attacks. The team also provides application security architecture, engineering services and develops application security policies and standards. In addition it maintains a network of security champions in the business community to help drive security awareness and new initiatives.
- The Project Management Team lead Security projects and manage appropriate technical resources to ensure the successful execution that meets all requirements, they also provide on-going project reporting (Status, Schedule, Budget, Risk and Issues) to Project Sponsors and Stakeholders.
- The Risk and Assurance Team manage the policies, processes and assurance activities that support Paddy Power Betfair’s ISO 27001 certification, PCI compliance and our own internal objectives around information security. The team interact with other teams throughout Paddy Power Betfair, helping them to make business decisions that include security and risk.
- The Digital Forensics Team is the CSI part of Security! The team support departments such as HR and Legal through examining digital media in a forensically and evidentially sound manner in order to present facts and opinions about the digital information.
- The Monitoring and Response Team is the front-line team that monitor for cyber threats, vulnerabilities and attacks, and analyse and contain any security incidents that occur. The team interact with a wide range of other departments, as well as specialist external service providers. There will also be opportunities to build broader information security knowledge through work with the wider Security team.
- The Identity and Access Governance Team involves both business analysis and technology in order to help expand the existing access governance solution, and improve access governance for business critical systems. The role can be based in either London or Stevenage, and will require time in both locations.
As the Security Graduate, you’ll enjoy varied and exciting challenges and gain an opportunity to work with some of the best people in the business and build broader information security knowledge. This will also include experience in our overseas offices in Romania and Portugal.
- Helping Paddy Power Betfair to produce products and services that are secure as well as innovative
- To secure customer data and Paddy Power Betfair’s own information and systems
Key Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrated interest in the security industry
- Excellent technical and problem solving skills
- Desire to learn new skills, gain knowledge and innovate
- Ability to back decisions with sound rationale
- A capacity to review and be reviewed constructively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivating, adaptable and flexible in approach
- Key Knowledge and Experience
- In depth knowledge of Security practices
- Excellent team working skills and stakeholder management
Do you have what it takes?
- To have achieved or be on course for a minimum of a 2.1 in a relevant technical or scientific degree that demonstrates problem solving and analytical thinking
- A minimum of 450 points on your Leaving Certificate (or equivalent)
- A minimum of 260 UCAS Tariff points (or equivalent)
- The ambition to succeed in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- The motivation for career progression
- The flexibility to work well in teams and on your own
- Excellent communication skills
- A high record of achievement and delivery
Start Date: The Programme will commence in September 2018
Location: Based in Dublin
Paddy Power Betfair is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your HR record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair roles.