About Paddy Power Betfair Group Compliance
The role of the Paddy Power Betfair Group Compliance function is to support, advise and enable the Group strategic objectives across its Paddy Power and Betfair brands and work in collaboration with Compliance colleagues in our Sportsbet and TVG brands.
Working within the second line of defence, the Paddy Power Betfair Group Compliance function is responsible for advising, monitoring and reporting on the management of downstream and upstream regulatory and compliance risks. It provides advice and support to the Board and Senior Management in their leadership of Paddy Power Betfair in a compliant manner across its countries of operation and in the promotion of a culture of compliance and risk awareness within the organisation.
About the Senior Compliance Manager
We are seeking to appoint a Senior Compliance Manager, with commercial acumen and a strong compliance ethos who will work in close collaboration with colleagues within Group Compliance to:
The Senior Compliance Manager will act as a Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer (DMLRO) for Paddy Power Betfair and as a liaison for matters relating to Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing with external stakeholders including law enforcement and regulatory authorities.
He/ She will lead a team which advises, supports and monitors the following areas of compliance and regulatory risk:
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support the Head of Financial Crime and Integrity Compliance to monitor, manage and proactively engage with internal and external stakeholders on upstream regulatory and compliance risk relevant to the areas of responsibility for the Financial Crime and Integrity Compliance team.
2. Provide proactive and professional advice and support to front line and operational functions to mitigate Financial Crime regulatory and compliance risk and add value.
3. Manage and lead a team of Financial Crime specialists with a focus on the delivering of timely support, efficiency of process and the effectiveness of controls.
4. Investigate Financial Crime related matters and ensure timely and accurate escalation and reporting internally and externally in line with agreed protocols.
5. Work in close collaboration with colleagues within Group Compliance to support the management of the Group Compliance Framework and through it provide assurance to the Board and Senior Management on the management of Financial Crime compliance and regulatory risk.
6. Act as Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer (DMLRO).
7. Support the monitoring, management and proactive enhancement of the Groups Financial Crime Framework including its Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing and Anti-Bribery and Corruption programmes.
8. Deliver the components of the annual Compliance plan related to Financial Crime and Insider Threat.
9. Support and promote best practice within Group Compliance and the organisation through advisory, training and awareness activities and role modelling and the professional development of the members of the team.
10. Support the Head of Financial Crime and Integrity Compliance in the management of internal and external stakeholders, including representing the organisation on industry fora.
11. Assist in scheduled and ah-hoc management and Board reporting.
12. Work with colleagues in other Group functions and in other geographical locations in the Group to enable the development of global standards, knowledge transfer and best practice.
Desirable Personal Attributes & Competencies.