Paddy Power Betfair (PPB) require a Head of Training and Development to own the development and execution of a customer service training Strategy that positions PPB as a market leader in the online customer service training space.
Reporting to the Director of Customer Services, the Head of Training & Development, in addition to the development of the Training & Development strategy, will be responsible for merging the existing customer service training and Quality teams across Paddy Power and Betfair to create a structure to best achieve the strategy. PPBs Customer Service teams are located across 3 locations in Dublin and Malta. The Head of Customer Service T & D will be required to travel between these locations, whilst developing a training plan designed to serve our customers in a manner that maximises shareholder value for the organisation and is aligned to our culture and execute this plan. This role will also be responsible for the definition and roll out of a cohesive PPB quality assurance programme, measuring the quality of service being provided to our customers, across both brands and all services.
The Head of Training and Development will be an expert in the field of people development, operations training and quality Assurance, have the customer at the heart of all that they do whilst maintaining a strategic, “big picture” view on things and be passionate about achieving excellence and developing talent within their team.
- Working with the Customer Services Director and the Customer Services Management team to develop and execute the Training and Development Strategy for PPB Customers Services.
- The development of a team structure to best achieve this strategy.
- Designing and implementing a clear T&D roadmap
- Develop an integration plan designed to serve your stakeholder group in a manner that maximises efficiency is aligned to our strategy of “being the Number 1 Customer Services provider in the game.”
- Execute against this plan whilst at the same time developing the Betfair and Paddy Power agent training programme with the focus on Customer Satisfaction, First Contact Resolution and flexibility of workforce.
- Transition to a common set of KPIs across PPB T&D.
- Driving efficiency across all aspects of the T & D function, including cross skilling, continued improvement in the use of technology, etc. ensuring additional benefits from sharing best practice (and operations if relevant) with our respective international businesses
- Managing key stakeholders – internally: management teams across Customer Experience, pp.com, Online Marketing in addition to ensuring effective operational relationships with the Technology, Risk, HR and Finance functions; externally: 3rd party suppliers/vendors
- Being an expert in the training and development space – the Head of training and development will be required to have a clear understanding of what is going on across the call centre sector ensuring PPB Customer Services people on-boarding and development remains at the forefront of customer service innovation
- Identify at least one strong successor and develop this individual’s skills via coaching and expansions of experience and responsibility
- Training & Staff development. Identify high performers and work with them to achieve their goals, including internal moves/promotions. Identify underperformers and work on PDP plans to get them back on track, and identify others that need to stretch their abilities. Be accountable for fostering a culture of respect, change and learning amongst the teams
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
The successful candidate is likely to possess:
- Commercially Savvy: Keeps up to date with current and future trends and business developments; uses this knowledge to shape and guide decisions and actions to positively impact business drivers; provides insight on the business and industry, exploring and discussing the potential implications of change
- Hungry for Results: Drives self and others to excel and raise the bar on performance; maintains a high level of personal and collective energy to achieve results that are aligned and contribute to functional performance and strategy, consistently delivers exceptional results and is undeterred by challenging circumstances
- Passionate about Punters: Builds and maintains effective working relationships with customers; gains insight and stays attuned to current and emerging customer needs; uses customer insights to build and identify creative and improved solutions; holds self and others accountable for delivering services that exceed customer expectations
- Big Thinker: Balances strategic objectives with day to day activities; drives efforts and initiatives which will have the greatest strategic impact; considers and explores scenarios and possibilities to help the team and/or organisation prepare and succeed in the future
- Grows Talent: Places a high priority on the development of others and continuous learning; provides constructive feedback and real time coaching to Service others development; recommends and facilitates activities and assignments that Service others development; where relevant identifies successors, and ensures they are ready for key roles
- Communicates with impact: Understands the need to keep people informed of plans and results, tailors the message to their audience to ensure clarity of purpose and understanding of value across the stakeholder group. Lands the message to all levels of stakeholder.
The successful candidate is likely to be/have:
- An existing senior manager in a training and development position within an international customer-facing company
- Experience in leading multidiscipline teams across multiple sites.
- Demonstrable experience in managing a high performing busy training team whilst driving a “best in class” customer experience
- Experience of managing and delivering change programmes