Have you got the (U)X Factor we’re looking for? We’re after someone who has a strong customer mindset and is interested in creating the next generation of web and native app experiences for the Paddy Power and Betfair brands.
At Paddy Power Betfair, our team is responsible for designing products which are used by millions of avid users every day. This means our UXers are so much more than just wireframe monkeys. They craft and tell stories through the eyes of our customers and play a vital role in making our products simple and usable.
As a Junior UX Designer, you’ll be involved in every aspect of the product development process – from brainstorming and validating ideas to last minute tweaking of interactions right before launch.
We have a strong culture of being collaborative and slightly mischievous, so if you like to (over) share and don’t take yourself too seriously, then you’re someone we’d love to meet.
- Facilitate product design, from concept stage right through to development with the use of IA, wireframes, prototypes and customer journeys
- Quickly iterate on multiple solutions as required
- Build strong working relationships with researchers, UI, developers & product managers to produce exciting and feasible digital experiences
- Work closely with research to test and integrate user insights
- Maintain and build a culture of early feedback and sharing
- Create and validate work against personas and scenarios
- Produce and present high quality reports, presentations, and recommendations based on your work
- Perform heuristic reviews on competitor and industry related sites
- Develop lo-fidelity prototypes based on your wireframes
- Manage your work to deliver a quality product within project constraints
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in a Computer Science, Visual Design/Multimedia, HCI or Psychology discipline, or 1+ years relevant work experience / internship
- Passionate about understanding current and emerging UX/UI and mobile design trends
- A talent for understanding end-to-end experiences and creating simple, powerful user interfaces
- A strong working knowledge of information architecture, user journeys, wire-framing, specifications and guidelines
- Willingness to accept feedback early on
- Passionate about usability and accessibility, with the ability to translate this into your work
- Strong Axure, Sketch (or similar wire-framing tool)
- Good understanding of touch devices and gestures involved with web and native apps
- Good understanding of the technical abilities and limitations of web and mobile technologies
- Great communication and facilitation skills