The Infrastructure Security Manager is a manager within the Paddy Power Betfair security team, reporting to the Head of Security for infrastructure and applications.
The role has a global responsibility for helping to define the strategy for running and improving the approach to infrastructure security. This role encompasses leading a team of infrastructure security professionals that oversee and ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all key infrastructure and data. This role will be required to participate in On-Call support.
The successful candidate should expect frequent travel to Dublin/London and our near shore locations in Cluj and Porto
- Managing and running the infrastructure security program to ensure the availability and integrity of Paddy Power Betfair infrastructure including the Online, Retail and Corporate infrastructure.
- Ensure all projects internal and external to the security team are assessed from an infrastructure security perspective and appropriate requirements are defined and effectiveness verified
- Own and evolve the anti-distributed denial of service (DDoS) capability for both brands
- Ensure key infrastructure security technologies are correctly implemented and maintained, i.e. IDS/IPS
- Develop and evolve strategic and tactical solution to identify, manage and eradicate infrastructure security issues
- Collaborate with other security teams to ensure the SIEM meets the needs for the security operations centre (SOC)
- Build and maintain strong and positive relationship with key stakeholders across the organisation
- Support compliance and regulatory initiatives and requirements such as PCI DSS, UKGC, and other regional compliance
- Work with the technology risk function to ensure identified threats and risks are captured and recorded in line with our risk management policy, procedures and standards
- Manage and coordinate all work demands for the infrastructure security team presenting a clear view of capacity and capability across the team.
- Collaborate with other security teams and teams outside of the security function
- Strong understanding of how to secure production and corporate infrastructure
- Strong understanding of how to secure public and private cloud technology such as AWS and OpenStack.
- Experience working with Software Defined Networking in a Continuous Integration and Delivery environment.
- Inspire and lead a team of infrastructure security specialists
- Technical expert who can define solutions and select tools for the infrastructure security team
- Technical expert who can define infrastructure security standards and hardening methodologies
- Excellent verbal and writing communications skills with the ability to modify style to influence technical and business stake holders
- Disciplined and logical thinker, with the ability to draw conclusions from large and complex data sets
- Ability to evaluate and select control technologies / methodologies and monitor their effectiveness.
- Strong technical knowledge of UNIX, Windows and enterprise networking platforms
- Delivery driven with a sensible attitude to risk
- Awareness of ISO 27001, PCI and other regulatory compliance standards such as UKGC and GDPR