Commercial Manager – (ROW)
Location: Dublin or London depending on Candidate location
The Paddy Power Betfair International team is responsible for the overall International revenue and contribution and growth for the Betfair and Paddy Power brands B2C businesses in our international markets. The team works closely with multiple stakeholders and teams around the business to ensure delivery of these objectives.
The Rest of World function within that team is responsible for all markets without a local license (i.e. licensed by the MGA), as well as the process of getting a license/regulated product.
Reporting to the International Director, this role will take responsibility for the customer facing proposition, business development/strategy and P&L for all markets located within ROW (Ex UK, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Bulgaria, Romania, USA & AUS). The role will also have indirect management of all country leads, for countries/languages located within the region, and direct line management of the Senior Commercial Executive.
The team will work closely with the wider International team and other Commercial teams plus the Operational functions in particular; Marketing, Product, Risk & Trading, Exchange, Gaming Ops, Regulatory Affairs, VIP, Finance and Customer Ops to ensure that every function understands the commercial priorities for international business and works together to achieve these objectives.
This role will also assume responsibility for a number of these relationships, on behalf of the ROW team.
- Responsible for the long and short term growth & performance of ROW markets
- Responsible for delivering commercial plans and strategy for business growth
- Deliver fully functional regulated businesses in regions which we define to be long term profitable under a licensed scenario
- Develop and build internal functions, teams and processes, and ultimately revenues for markets which will remain unregulated, that we deem to be sufficiently sustainable and sizeable in opportunity.
- Own the customer proposition and customer experience, working with other teams to define and deliver both of these.
Maintain and update sales force and country information sheet with relevant commercial, regulatory and strategic information
- Work with the Intl Insights function, and Paddy Power Betfair’s wider analytical teams e.g. Commercial Insight and Analytics, Marketing Science and Insights, in order to understand the performance of the ROW business
- Liaise directly with the regulatory, compliance and tax teams to ensure alignment with current and upcoming regulation, and defining their priorities to ensure positive outcomes in key markets
- Work with the wider commercial teams to determine priorities and objectives.
- Develop and deliver successful plans, aligned with all operational teams, to ensure commercial objectives are achieved on an ongoing basis including:
- Key sporting events
- New product launches/roll-outs
- Rapid response projects to address urgent business priorities
- Work closely with all operational functions to contribute to their planning cycles, understand how they operate, any constraints and requirements as well as the relationships and dependencies between functions.
- Where relevant ensure plans are aligned across brands and regions to ensure transparency so that the best decisions are made for the PPB group.
- Undertake business improvement projects, tracking issues and risks, negating where possible and escalating to appropriate stakeholders as and when necessary.
- Drives Results – Gets stuck in and achieves results that impact the bottom line with high levels of energy and enthusiasm.
- Collaborates – Is a team player who works with others across the organisation to get things done.
- Business Insight – Has a nose for business, uses insights to impact commercial drivers. Is competitive.
- Nimble Learning – Is agile and flexible. Learns quickly when faced with new situations
- Decision Quality – Makes quality, long and short term decisions considering various inputs
- Develops Talent – Develops ‘A’ players that supports the achievement of our goals
- Customer Focus – Thinks about customers 24/7, and puts them at the heart of all that we do
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Understanding of the interaction between operational and commercial KPIs in an online business. How customers behave and how this impacts activity and profitability.
- Experience of international gaming including customer behaviour and the complexities of differing regulatory environments and multiple languages.
- Experience in data driven decisions making and proven numerical aptitude.
- Experience prioritising and focus on what really matters in an ambiguous environment.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the business.
- Ability to build successful relationships and positively influence people – including direct reports, peers and stakeholders.
- Ownership and management of a budget within an organisation.
- Experience in quickly evolving environment, working with multiple stakeholders to rapidly collate an appropriate response.
- Experience in line management of a team including successful coaching and development of people.
- A knowledge of sport and betting.