Fraud Operations Analyst (Dublin)
Part of Customer Operations, the Fraud Team plays a vital role in protecting Paddy Power Betfair against financial losses by preventing, detecting and investigating all instances of external fraud associated with our product range. The Fraud Team consists of a number of sub teams based in multiple locations. The entire team works closely with other areas of the business, external payment providers, financial institutions and law enforcement bodies as well as fraud teams in other gambling operators. We manage the fraud risk by being a pro-active intelligence led unit. For any role within the specialism you need to be able to speedily interpret and process large quantities of data in a fast moving and ever changing environment.
Reporting directly to the Fraud Operations Team Lead (Dublin) you will have the ability to speedily interpret and process large quantities of data in a fast moving and ever changing environment, have the customer at the heart of all that you do whilst maintaining a strategic, “big picture” view on things and be passionate about achieving excellence and continuously improving our ways of working.
This role is based in our Dublin Office on a shift based schedule covering 365 days of the year.
- Monitor transactions and activity across all Paddy Power Betfair channels to assess the risk of fraud and bonus abuse and take action when fraud is discovered to prevent further losses
- Undertake in-depth transactional and behavioural reviews to form a full customer risk assessment.
- Apply procedures to identify suspect behaviour and continually improve these procedures to reduce the risk of fraud
- Provide feedback to the Fraud Operations Shift Leads or Fraud Operations Team Lead on potential process and procedure improvements
- Communicate and work with other departments to ensure that customer activity, while monitored adequately for fraud, is not adversely affected
- Utilize 3rd party services to improve fraud detection rates
- Reply to bank requests for information to maximize the number of chargebacks which can be successfully reversed
- Report on fraud statistics and share fraud trends to improve team knowledge and detection rates
- Complete team and individual project work to improve processes and product effectiveness
- Work closely with internal stakeholders such as Responsible Gaming, Customer Support, & Payments to ensure that while fraud risks are managed effectively, there is minimal friction to our customers
The successful candidate is likely to be:
- Hungry for Results
- Customer Obsessed
- Effective Communicator
- Quality decision maker
Education, Qualifications & Experience:
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technology discipline is desirable
- 1+ years’ experience working in an E-Commerce Business
- Good understanding of key legislation, regulatory bodies and best practice deployed within the fraud specialism.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Highly developed communication skills and an ability to build and maintain working relationships with the wider business.
- High level of attention to detail, confidentiality and integrity.
- The ability to process and interpret vast amounts of financial data to aid decision making.
- Independent mind-set and capable of managing and prioritizing own workload in a highly pressured environment.
- An investigative mind.
- Powerful problem solving skills with proven track record