The Online Finance team is the largest part of the PPB Commercial Finance structure and is responsible for partnering Marketing and the UK&I and International commercial and operational teams.
The role will be responsible for business partnering the MD of International Commercial at PPB. It will be instrumental in maximising profits through a combination of revenue analysis, strong cost control, challenging of business cases, supporting the business to find opportunities to increase revenues and / or returns.
- Primary finance point of contact for MD International Commercial and leadership teams
- “Own” all relevant KPIs, revenue (International; all products) and costs (Cost of Sales; opex), providing comprehensive analysis on performance vs. budget.
- Provide support where required on Italy revenue performance measurement and alignment of KPIs with other international regions
- Develop close working relationship with the Commercial Analysis team to augment and challenge commercial analysis and communicate relevant insights within Finance.
- Manage the quarterly budget and forecasting cycle for revenue, COS and opex, ensuring that targets are challenging but achievable
- Provide input to key commercial and analytical decisions, attending team meetings as appropriate
- Maintain close relationship with team responsible for accounting to fully understand all month end accounting and ensure relevant team members are exposed to the business as appropriate
- Identify opportunities to reduce costs and improve efficiency, establish a strong relationship with the Procurement and Commercial Negotiations teams to input into upcoming projects
- Regular travel to Dublin to meet stakeholders
- Demonstrates excellent business insight with knowledge of revenue drivers and commercial issues
- Needs the gravitas, intellectual ability and confidence to gain the respect of Directors and senior management
- Deadline-driven and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment to tight and demanding timelines
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- High energy and drive, and flexible enough to work in an entrepreneurial, dynamic and changing environment
Highly numerate with strong financial and analytical skills
Education, Qualifications & Experience
Qualified accountant with excellent academic background