Working for the Change Management Lead, this role is responsible for carrying out Change & Release management following the best practice across all products & services at Paddy Power Betfair.
- Governance – To help ensure that the change management policy and procedures are understood and followed by the Paddy Power Betfair Technology organisation at all times
- Responsible for day-to-day oversight and management of changes within the change management process. Ensuring changes are moved through the lifecycle and the necessary assessment/approval is carried out
- Key point of contact for Change Management within Paddy Power Betfair
- Ensuring governance of the Change Management Policy through continuous reporting, training and education
- Working with Delivery Teams to help improve the change management process
- Ability to plan, manage and coordinate the implementation of high risk or customer impacting changes, whilst managing stakeholders expectations
- Providing & supporting frameworks to reduce resource & scheduling clashes
- Identifying and escalating problems or issues with changes or the change management process
- Ensure Tooling is in line with the current process, put forward ideas for improvements and be involved in testing new releases.
- Deliver education and training on the change process , procedures and tooling
- Highlighting areas for improvement through continual service improvement program, working with key stakeholders and identifying trends through reporting.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2 years + hands on Change & Release Management experience within fast paced company
- Knowledge of ITIL coupled with an understanding of it can operate within a fast paced Agile Delivery organisation.
- Knowledge and use of Service Now
- Experience of dealing with all areas of Technology
- Understanding of where Change, Release and Configuration management interacts with other service management disciplines.
- Good analytical skills with a structured and methodical approach.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, complex environment.
- Organised and disciplined approach.
- Some experience of creating and managing plans and run books for major work and releases
- Strong personality and ability to educate users in the benefits of Change & Release Management and ensure policies are adhered to by all parties
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills as candidate will have to deal with all areas of the company
- Attention to detail with a high degree of pride in work produced
- Flexible approach with the ability to adapt to all situations in a fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate at all levels from senior execs through to 1st line support
- Continual improvement ethos
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Proactive management of multiple simultaneous releases
- Experience working a continuous delivery, Agile, DevOps and automated environments
- Reporting skills
Successful candidates will have a passion for working in technology. They will have a positive results driven ‘can do’ attitude, and be able to demonstrate their ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. They will have a pragmatic approach, with an understanding of the need to balance lightweight but rigorous processes with distributed accountability against the Business need for delivery at Pace. Excellent communications skills across a wide range of stakeholders are essential.