This is a key role within Retail Technology team. A diverse and exciting team covering all areas of technology within our UK & I retail estate. You will be central to delivering the product strategy, executing a roadmap and being the main interaction point between Product and Technology teams (internal and 3rd parties). Using lean and agile techniques, you will be responsible for delivering business value and overcoming challenges to deliver quality at pace.
We are looking for two talented Product Owners to support a key strategic project which will deliver self-service betting opportunities and enhancements for our customers in Retail. Reporting to the Senior Product Delivery Manager but supported by Senior Product Owners, you will bridge technical and business worlds as you deliver commercially defined requirements and innovative features across range of our self-service betting products. You understand our retail business channel and the challenges our customers face daily and how you could improve their experiences.
- Leading the requirements gathering effort based on Product Management input.
- Creating a vision of what we are trying to achieve and conveying this to the development team.
- Writing user stories, acceptance criteria, stocking, grooming and prioritising backlog.
- Ensuring the timely availability and accuracy of requirements, so the engineering teams can develop software as efficiently as possible.
- Producing release plans, running show and tells and producing release communications
- Keeping Technology management, Programme Management and Product Management well informed of the status of development, requirements and scope.
- Creating high-quality, easily maintained deliverables and documentation.
- Understanding the dependencies between technology components and how they combine to deliver solutions to the end consumer and to the business.
- Balancing commercial needs against technical requirements and capabilities.
- Understanding the impact on our customers and staff by maintaining strong relationships between product management and operational readiness teams
Essential Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, drives for simplicity and clarity, able to confidently present and influence senior management.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Commercial awareness of the core business of Paddy Power Retail
- Self-motivated with strong decision making skills.
- Driven to continually deepen insight into the core business of Paddy Power Betfair and leveraging those insights to focus development effort.